Author Topic: CARPEL TUNNEL  (Read 1836 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
CARPEL TUNNEL
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:57:01 »
I am going to have an operation for carpel tunnel next Tuesday, just got a cancellation.  can anyone tell me how long it takes to repair weeks or months? i have all the hospital info but i think most of it is to cover them. So any tips etc: will be usefull. Thanks Rosebud.

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: CARPEL TUNNEL
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 13:04:20 »
I dont know sorry, but hope you recover in record time :icon_sunny:

One hand or 2?

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 13:39:31 »
I haven't had it done but have a friend who may need it.  Apparently recovery times depend on whether they do it endoscopically which is minimally invasive or via open surgery.   
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 13:54:26 »
I was back to gardening in a couple of weeks, mine was done with a little hole and they said I could watch, but I didn't. Got home that night feeling great, but knew all about it the next morning.  Just take it easy and take it day by day using your other hand when you can. I even used the sling to hold the wheelbarrow handle and pushed one handed.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 14:33:33 »
I had both of mine done 5 weeks ago today. It was under local, with about an inch cut in each palm. I have been gardening today, lifting bags of horse muck and have managed it but think I might feel it later! I lost a lot of grip, and found simple things like filling a kettle or draining a saucepan really difficult. I started driving last week, but putting the car into reverse was a bit painful, push down and across (!). My fingers were fully mobile right from the op. I'm glad I had it done, but haven't found it as easy as some have told me. Probably just being a "man"!!  I needed a helpful OH. Just like when I get "flu"!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 14:35:07 »
My Mum had both done at the same time but before it was done with laparoscopy. Wasn't a good idea it took a long time to recover partly because she kept trying to use her hands too soon.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 16:29:12 »
My niece is having it done on Friday Rosebud. I'll let you know how she gets on. Good luck with your op.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 19:34:03 »
Thank you for your replies.  I am having it done  under local.
No ironing or hoovering for a week maybe, oh how difficult that will be for me watching OH doing the jobs. :toothy10:.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 20:43:12 »
All the best with the op Rosebud, you only be able to cheer with one hand when Gareth scores.   :icon_cheers:    :icon_cheers:         :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 22:08:26 »
Does this mean you won't be able to cook me a roast on Mother's Day???  :icon_geek:

I might see if the boss will let me have a couple of days off and come and stay  :toothy10:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 22:53:11 »
Good luck with your op Rosebud. 

My husband had to do all the cleaning and cooking for the past four weeks and made a good job of it too.  For the last two or three days I have started cooking some meals again but am still not able to do any housework.  Make the most of being waited on Mary and don't try to do things too soon. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:04 »
Hugs Rosebud, keep your focus on looking ahead, you gotta get that garden done XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal