Author Topic: Birthday Visit to the Isle Of Wight  (Read 4140 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Birthday Visit to the Isle Of Wight
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:43:06 »
Well,its saturday nite on me Birthday and Jude sez,"Whats appnin tomorra then",Dunno says I....how about a quick stop off on the Island ...............

So there we are 6am this morning winging our way down to Portsmouth ...........

Before ya know it were on board the 8am Ferry to the Island

Stunning morning,the Solent was smoooth and ida luved to have been out on it......hey I was ....in a way  !!!!!

Were big cat luvvers and found our way to Yaverland Zoo where the large pussys hang out.

This big boy was master of all he surveyed.

You looking at me..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lemurs looked non plussed when I suggested theyd be the Tigers snack food if the horse meat didnt arrive.

Dont bother me fella,Ive found summit better to play with  !!!!

Ere,I dont spose were on the Cats food tray are we........

well theyll get my horns up their "arris" before they chew on my bones  !!!!!!!!!

Im famished but Oh so tired  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me too...zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

How bout you Jaguar......naaaaaa   im knackered too but you can go and see the White Tiger the last time they fed him goat....he had a little accident......................

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont talk to me about Goats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just lickin me lips ready to munch on the last one

and the little so and so took me friggin eye out !!!!!!!!!!

you softy,im King of all I survey

The proper king of the Zoooooooooooooo  !!!!!!!

After leaving the Zoo we made our way to Bembridge,The Crab and Lobster do a proper Sea Food plate full so yours truly was looking forward to it.

While the pub Dog sucked on his favourite brew.......

I also found one to my liking..................

Oh look!!!!!!   Lunch has arrived....Lobster,Crabmeat,Shellfish.and loads of extras...and if was bleeden fantastic  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stood there admiring the Bembridge Coastline and the phone goes...........Aye Aye Gazza,Colin ere (fishing mate) lets meet up while your over here.

We met up down Shanklin sea front,good to meet up with him and his faithful pup Lilly by his side,of course we nagged fishing and all being well will have a session in the spring.

Just up there a pier stood in 1968 that I caught me first sea fish,a small pout,shame really I miss shanklin pier as it held so many happy memories from my holidays with mum and dad.

Followed Colin across country to the Garlic farm......its in the piccy down there somewhere....thanks mate,we did buy some Elephant Garlic to grow on the allotment.

we,d had a great flying visit to the Island and managed to sneak on the 5pm ferry back home.............

The evening sun shone as we left the Island,..........

Thanks Isle of Wight for a top birthday day out,

Well be back soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Birthday Visit to the Isle Of Wight
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 17:30:05 »
Belated, a very happy birthday.  Looks a super day out and the weather cooperated for you as well.

Thanks for showing us (apart from that plate of food - good grief! - I'm hungry).

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 17:36:14 »
Yer,cheers Galina,we had a blast over there,luvved the cats and the lunch was a shareseeey so Jude got tucked in too.

Gazza

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 19:03:21 »
 Thank you for showing those lovely pictures of the big cats they are very good.
 It looks and sounds like you had a good day. :wave:.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal