Author Topic: Rose Golden Celebration or Graham Thomas  (Read 3237 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Rose Golden Celebration or Graham Thomas
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:55:21 »
I want to plant a rose in memory of my brother who died a few weeks ago. It has to be yellow and scented, repeat flowering. I've narrowed it down to Golden Celebration and Graham Thomas but open to other suggestions. Anyone grow these two that can give me positives and negatives?

rugbypost

• Hectare
Re: Rose Golden Celebration or Graham Thomas
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 18:09:33 »
Over the past 3 years I have been giving away cuttings of my large english rose,s away and digging them up and planting smaller compact roses that flower from end of may till octorber with masses of really lovely flowers, a bit of cleaning up to do if you leave the flowers to die back but the more you cut the flowers  to thin them out you will never have less than 20/30 flowers out at one time the fragrance is great all day long, plus its repeat flowering all summer. The grandchildren have been buying me one for fathers day for the past 3 years and the bonus is they do not need a lot of looking after. Its called CHARLOTTE By David Austin £16 For a bare root From Wych Cross Garden Centres on line. The one you have chosen is a fine rose as well stick with your choice R :wave:
m j gravell

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 18:56:52 »
I have Graham Thomas climbing. it is a splendid rose. Erect and vigorous but not overwhelming.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 15:15:30 »
Graham Thomas - vigorous, healthy, perfumed and usually recommended by professional gardeners on TV as a very good doer.
Obxx - Vendée France

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:44:11 »
Yes I'm leaning towards Graham Thomas, partly because I know it as my mum grew it so it gives me a connection to her as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal