Author Topic: Today I have been sowing...  (Read 5151 times)

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Today I have been sowing...
« on: March 07, 2005, 15:00:51 »
Today I have been sowing Sweet Peas "Galaxy Mixed", Antirrhinnum "Vanity Fayre F2" and "Princess F1", Dianthus "Chinensis Double Mixed", Cleome "Spinosa Colour Fountain Mixed". What have you been sowing today?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Today I have been sowing...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 15:55:19 »
Nothing!  :-\  However, have been potting on seedlings, but only toms.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 16:53:57 »
had ever such a good day in the garden today....sowed peas and beans under cover, as ground not really ready for them, plus leeks and some sweet pepper. oh, and spinach (perpetual).

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 04:18:56 »
NOT FAIR!!!!!

Lottie too wet to even rotovate, let alone plant anything

Greenhouse - still in box & won't be assembled until next week when I've finished by night shifts.

My fingers are really starting to itch though

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:35:36 »
NOT FAIR x2...............weather fantastic, lovely and mild, perfect for being outdoors on the allotment and where am I???? Stuck in the office that's where  >:( and to make matters worse the weather forcast for the coming weekend is cold and wet grrrrrrrrrrr
Plottie

Deleted

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 11:14:08 »
Hi plottie,

Exactly waht I said this morning!

I'd ring in sick, but i work for myself, so would have to give myself the sack!!! (Perhaps i could get away with a warning...)
Dawn

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 15:37:18 »
I have daughter off school poorly so I can't get out there either.  She is going to school tomorrow like it or not so I can get on!

Lily

• Acre
  • When the going gets tough, hide in the allotment.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 16:19:10 »
This is what I have sown in the greenhouse over the weekend. I've painstakingly sown them one seed at a time apart from the the lettuce, as A T on the Gardening Channel says to sow them 3 at a time.  I love to see them growing in neat little rows!  Sad or what. ::)

Dwarf French Beans – Hildora
   Lettuce – All Year Round
   Calabrese – Green Sprouting
   Leeks – Alora
   Broad Bean – Aquadulce Claudia
' A problem shared is a problem halved'

bongo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 21:54:01 »
sowing i should be so lucky  ??? in kent its been a mad week or two with the weather . just lined the greenhouse with sheeting put in power so now have heat ! this weekend its all go for sowing seeds carnt wait new greenhouse new lottie first sowing ever!!!!!!! is it the weekend yet??????????????????
bongo the blacksmith www.jbmetalworks.co.uk

hillbilly

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 22:49:56 »
today i have finally got my tiller out of the shed and turned the ground for my strawberries, here in bedfordshire the ground has just been to wet for anything but i can see the light now. in my propagator i have planted 4 different variety's of hot peppers. this is my first year for using a propagator so if anybody has any tips for me to do with anything about using it, well fire away. p.s if you like a little hot in your peppers there is a nice site called south Devon chili farm i.e. www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk they are very quick to send out your order and have a real good variety of peppers. ok enough of the advertisement for someone i don't even know. have fun..dave.........
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 10:31:56 by hillbilly »

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 21:41:08 »
Indoors    Gardeners Friend Toms and Coleus

Now tonight here its like Comic Relief...... Snowing with Flakes Like 50 pence pieces
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 17:23:18 »
Sown today (under glass): carnations, dahlias, helichrysum.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 11:04:54 »
A gamble but, despite a sharp frost last night, & the 13th today, the forecast - & my bones - suggest that the time has come.

So, we're starting with lettuce, celery & parsley. And in small numbers in the hope that we will waste nothing in going to seed.

The 'no-dig-peat' compost is handling beautifully. But, of course, I'm comparing it with our usual multi-purpose stuff, in which there are always bits & pieces.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 12:24:55 »
This morning Indoors in the propagators

Runner Beans on Kitchen Tissue

Parsnip In Toilet Roll Holders

Outdoors 30 Gladies in a Triangle

Toms in the Kitchen on the Windows sill doing Well

Outdoors in the Propagator  Broccoli beginning to Show

Front room Window sill Begonia showing

Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 15:58:39 »
Must get on with some pretties!  Have germinated in the gently heated greenhouse beetroots, 2 varities of sprouts, 3 varieties of leeks and 2 of spring onions.  Winter aconites are putting on lots of growth (thanks Eric) and what was it you sent me DP...sticky seeds...well anyhow, they are going mad so have been pricked out and are looking fit.  This week, will get busy!

In the conservatory, so underglass in a way, I have chillis, toms, aubergines, cucumbers, courgettes, celery, celeriac, parsley and basil all up.  Also the children had sunflower growhouses which they did last weekend, and in just one week, they are now nursing 10 sunflower seedlings each!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal