Author Topic: 'Animals' and snow  (Read 3814 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
'Animals' and snow
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:04 »
Helloooo and greetings from the snow woman and her dog who has just completed her wild expedition into white winter land...no corners was left undiscovered  :icon_cheers:
We already have couple of inches of the white stuff landed and Amber was shaking with excitement when I was showing signs of getting ready for the walk. She can be 'bit' on the excitable side at the start of the walk and normally calms down after she has had chance to meet few of her pals...BUT not today...OH NO...every single dog we met on our walk were behaving like they've had belly full of speed  :drunken_smilie: They were leaping and bouncing in a totally different manner for the usual...and every now and then Amber scooped mouthfull of snow...'kids'
It was hard work to get her agree to come back home...I had to promise that 'we will come back later on again'
Now my 'brave little soldier' is melting her belly full of snow on front of fire...and I can hear her letting some burbs out . I suspect tomorrow she will feel all those 'undiscovered' muscles that were put into good use during the snow Olympics

Has anybody else pets been on doze of snow 'dope' today  :toothy10: :drunken_smilie:

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: 'Animals' and snow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 13:23:54 »
I let the kittens out this morning & they behaved like a couple of kids, we only had about half an inch but they soon came in when it started snowing again, my older cat took one look at it & went back to bed.
It's all gone now & it's raining again.  :coffee2:  :coffee2:

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 13:48:47 »
Ollie loves the snow but we have to watch him as his coat gets full off it and it clumps up.  Not the funnest stuff to try and get off him - bonus fact he loves the hair dryer so we just melt the clumps off him lol

Will dig out some pics of him from the other year as we havent (yet) had much snow so far.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 13:57:58 »
My own two dogs didn't seem to notice it but my friend's Flat Coat Retriever
was in heaven!  She scooted her nose along in it and rolled around like a mad
thing.  Friend's other dog, a Polish Lowland has to wear a muzzle to stop her
eating stuff she finds and she ended up with a big cone of snow on it.  She looked
like a little unicorn.  :happy7:
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 15:20:23 »
Both my dogs love it.  Rasta, a 5 yr old terrier cross of some sort, does snow ploughs with her nose and runs and leaps and bounces all over the place.  Bonzo, a Labrador, just likes to run and jump anyway but snow has him doubly excited.  He's about 2 to 2 and a half and his previous owner never took him for walkies and didn't have a garden so snow is another lovely new adventure.

They both love the rinsing down and towelling off that follows and stay energised for ages before they finally flop.
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal