Author Topic: Woman's Weekly Healthy Living  (Read 1405 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Woman's Weekly Healthy Living
« on: December 31, 2012, 20:14:18 »
I picked up this magazine today in Sainsbury's and at the Self Check out I notice it scanned for 9.95 instead of l.95    The check out supervisor couldn't help but how many people over the country are buying this magazine and not noticing the price they re paying with an 8 pound profit on each magazine, becuase the bar code is wrong.

:BangHead: :BangHead:

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
Re: Woman's Weekly Healthy Living
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 20:54:04 »
If the price was marked clearly at £1.95, that is the price they should charge, regardless of the bar code and the supervisor should have refunded the £8.   When I worked for Asda on the checkout, I had a piece of meat which had been marked down to about £5 and it scanned at over £600

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 21:15:34 »
I often find problems with the prices in Sainsburys, particularly when there are reductions for multibuys.  I check my bill very carefully.   I use the self service tills it is easier to keep track of what I am paying.  If you overpay for something they do refund it at customer services. 

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 22:25:55 »
I called the supervisor over when i noticed the price and she couldn't change it so that i could buy it at the proper price.   My point is how many people buying this magazine with lots of other shopping and do not notice the 9.95 price.   

I did not buy the magazine.

:BangHead:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal