Author Topic: suffering  (Read 2435 times)

claybasket

• Hectare
suffering
« on: January 24, 2013, 22:48:37 »
Hi all ,just wondered if any Lotty folk are SUFFERING from withdrawals, am like a caged panther Lotty's all muddy, can't do anything ,my garden's the same I pop into the wee plastic green house just checking as you do ,oh saw I was desperate and took me to the garden center ,everything was covered in fleece ,looked at seeds I have them all ,am so feed up waiting ,got my seed tin out and sat drooling at them,is that sad or what!but then i saw my clematis was showing green bits that's cheered me a bit,right must tidy my seed tin thanks for listening anyone else got these feelings? :icon_cheers:

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: suffering
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 23:13:48 »
Yep i am so keep to get going !!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 23:19:21 »
Husbands just reminded me i am already a little unhinged when it comes to growing things  :toothy10:

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:21:01 »
I've bought my seed spuds, shallots and onions
Had my tin of packet seeds out and sorted them the other day
Tap, tap, tap, there goes my foot again.
 :wave:    :coffee2:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25:23 »
Oh yes!  Loads of plans, but can't start anything yet.  At least we've got the chickens to bring a bit of life to the plot no matter how unworkable the ground is.

Mikeakabigman

• Half Acre
  • Haslemere, Surrey
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:45:26 »
We're certainly champing at the bit here, we only got our plot a couple of weeks back, made a start on it just before the snow came. It hasn't been worked for a year so plenty of tidying up to be done, the fence needs upgrading to make it Rabbit proof. The small shed needed  raising on blocks  and some weatherproofing, luckily we were able to do that job before the weather got really bad.
There's a small greenhouse waiting to be fixed to a base and glazed.
So many things to be done and mostly put on hold  :(
Kind regards

Mike.
My blog.   http://mikeyoungarps.blogspot.co.uk

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:22 »
Ye gods what to do,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last 2 years we have used our kitchen as a growing area,racks infront of the window and electric props on the side,so seeds were grown and potted on in that environment......so christmas comes along and jude wants the place carpeted....so me being me....yes dear....done....looks great, but yes you guessed it....no more growing stuff in the kitchen as she doesnt want mess all over the new carpet......were doomed says i !!!!!!!!!
We dont have a shed or garage with warmth or power to either im afraid,and the thought of growing from scratch in the poly @ 7 degrees doesnt lend itself to happy growing.......bummer  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gonna be the slowest growing season on record,I hope it bluddy well warms up a bit quick this year..... :BangHead:

anyway in between time im going over to put some polycarbonate panels in the GH as im bored picking up glass fragments from breakages that we cant explain...... :BangHead:

GazNjude
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:51:28 by gazza1960 »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:19:58 »
We're still finishing the new boards on the raised beds and my bedfordshire onions are up and transplanted. .ca yenne chilies are up, toms for schools next but still not enough sowing going on  :blob7:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:07 »
I try to enjoy the time off and try to do other things.  Sometimes it is a pleasure not to be tied to the plot.
However I am recovering form an op at the moment so I can't do anything much of anything.
I did pot up a few chilis yesterday and may get some onions on if I can get to the garage for compost but I generally take Dec - Feb off..

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal