Author Topic: tree going up today  (Read 1162 times)

ACE

• Hectare
tree going up today
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:24:42 »
I have been warned that I am not allowed to stay in my onesies all day while she is out earning a shilling, well I am on my xmas break and nothing urgent to go out for. So I shall put up te tree and decorations to give here a surprise when she gets home. We don't do real trees nowadays, too messy, so up in the attic and dust off the gear. I've got a bit of mistletoe in the orchard I could whip out and get in. I will hang it over the doorway but will have to stipulate 'no tongues'. The tree will have to be raised a bit this year as a one year old grandson who has just started to walk will be having a good old tug on the branches.

Whoo hoo, can't wait now, up with the tree, get the old El Diva carols on the ipod, a small tincture or two and a nice cigar for a bit of ambience.  None of this Ha Bumhug for me, who said I was a miserable old sod, my backside is on fire with the sunshine streaming out.

It's also chumleys first birthday, he got a postmans leg for a pressie and is gnawing away out in his kennel. Things are definately festive.

I've even got my advent calender on the go.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: tree going up today
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:10:12 »
love the advent calendar :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing6: :laughing6:
sanity is overated

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: tree going up today
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 15:38:32 »
LOL LOL LOL for once I read Ace's post after coffee time so no spitting it out on the keyboard. I should have got one of those calendars for hubby!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal