Author Topic: FANCY YOUR CHANCES ? COME ON I DARE YOU :)  (Read 24658 times)

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
FANCY YOUR CHANCES ? COME ON I DARE YOU :)
« on: December 04, 2012, 19:51:05 »
planning is well under way for next season and after last year who knows what will happen.
i know growing giant  fruit and veg is not every ones cup of tea but i really get a buzz out of beating my old personal bests and i know there are a few of you out there that would  like to give it a go .
i promised earlier in the year i would be giving out some seed from my 798 lb pumpkin however  my seeds did not arrive back from ireland in good enough condition for me to save any,  now i know its shame but hey that's life nothing i could do .
 but all is not lost i have a large collection of seeds that I'm willing to give out  some of these seeds are quite special for sure  i wont name each seed and from what grower they are all from  but be as suered  every one of these seeds come from a selected genetic seed  stock  and anyone of them has potential to grow massive
 all i ask is for you to send me a  small jiffy envolope  stamped and addressed to yourself as i cannot afford to cover the postage costs and i will send a couple of seeds to you  but please only ask or send for them if you intend growing them.there are around 100 seeds altogether so the first 50 who ask will get them

i also have giant marrow seeds  from my own plants  the same applies
i also have giant cabbage seed from my own plants grown from Dave thomas  Cornish giant seed
i also have giant tomato  also grown from my own plants  bigzac or Delicious seed

feel free to contact me  or send me a message  and i will get back to you asap

and thank you all for following my progress during the past season it was a blast  regards mal
PS GROW EM BIG
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

Martin T

• Not So New ...
Re: FANCY YOUR CHANCES ? COME ON I DARE YOU :)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 20:25:37 »
Hello Mal,

Thank you for the kind offer, I will send you a stamped addressed envelope this week for a couple of Tomato seeds. As per PM.

All the best Martin.

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 20:27:36 »
no problem martin your welcome and good luck
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 20:44:05 »
Long time no chat. Mal. Hope you are wit and fell. Not into growing Veg at all these days never mind big ones. All the best anyway.
Gardening is the great leveller.

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 20:47:48 »
hello there eric  a real long time since we chat hope you are in good health  regards mal

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 14:09:02 »
hi everyone i got an envolope in post over the weekend from a mrs gibson  was it from this site   if so what seeds did you want  please inbox me thanks mal

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 15:32:51 »
Hi Mal, I've only just seen your kind offer - am I too late?

Fingers crossed that I'm not, because I would love a couple of seeds of
pumpkin, marrow, cabbage and tomato if you still have them.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 16:20:25 »
.. Me too if there's still time.............
The last 'giant' I grew went to the local kids' morris dancing troupe for their end-of-season party. They ran a guess-the-weight competition for the privilege of sculpting it. It went down a bomb apparently. I'd love to do it again if possible.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 17:54:39 »
hi everyone i got an envolope in post over the weekend from a mrs gibson  was it from this site   if so what seeds did you want  please inbox me thanks mal

Oop s Mal, that was me  :merror: What a plonker!!
It was the marrow seeds.
Thank you so much!

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 18:36:50 »
 ok thats sorted that out i know now who its from i shall get them off to you this week no problem
 for anyone else intrested in giving it a go just  please leave a message  for me on here or in box me i will give you my address to send  you stamped addressed envolope to  please put a little note in your envolope so i know what seeds you want  thanks alot and regards mal

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 14:41:06 »
squash64 and pumpkinlover your envolopes are filled and on the way back to you
regards mal

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 15:35:36 »
squash64 and pumpkinlover your envolopes are filled and on the way back to you
regards mal

Thanks Mal, it's very kind of you.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

pumkinlover

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 20:45:23 »
Thank you Mal  :wave:

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 20:19:25 »
Apologies; I didn't send your SAE. My only excuse is that I wasn't well at the time. I've still got your address so if it isn't too late I'll get it in the post.

Regards,

Robert

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:53 »
no problem robert send it and i will sort it out for you

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 14:38:24 »
caroline j your seeds are on thier way to you

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:41 »
robert your seeds are on thier way to you  thanks mal

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 12:15:02 »
Seeds arrived safe and sound. Thanks Mal  :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 19:18:26 »
ok thats everyone sorted who wanted some seeds i still have some left if any of you would like some  just contact me  for details regards mal

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 20:42:32 »
Are you going to be giving us any insider info on the best time/way to grow these seeds?

I need all the help I can get :confused2:
 :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal