Author Topic: Kittens  (Read 4880 times)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Kittens
« on: November 25, 2012, 19:55:46 »
Today I collected 2 little kittens from the Cats Protection people, brother & sister 14/15 weeks old & very, very shy. The little boy (Zebedee) is a little more confident than his sister (Trudi) I was told - although for confident I would say "feisty" as he drew the first blood! As it's now 2 months since I had to have Paddington put to sleep & Jemima seemed lonely it seemed the right thing to do however she is NOT amused, but I'm sure in a few days/weeks we will all adjust nicely.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Kittens
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 21:49:31 »
Do you know anything about their history?  Hopefully they will settle
down soon and become more confident.
We need photos please!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 00:38:33 »
Wow you are in for some fun in the weeks ahead Poppy Mole.

What colours are the new kittys?

We collected two from our local rescue centre (not cheap!!) a few years back. One was a male (black with a tiny white bib and paws) the other tabby with lots of white and sandy patches.

Both loved clambering up to sit on our shoulders and then lay there no matter what we were doing around the house. Both, particularly the male, had a complete fixation with water. He often climbed into the kitchen sink... a bit of a nuisance to be honnest. After repeatedly lifting him out and plonking him on the floor again as well as stopping the tap from dripping because he loved playing with it, I gave up and put 2" of cold water in the sink. In he belted... then sat there looking really quite pleased with himself. Mad cat!!  :tongue3:

Tell us what yours get up to. Cats make brilliant pets!  :glasses9:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:44 »
Enjoy your Kitties,we had 15 with mum Bee and 20 years each with her 2 boys Alfie and Gizmo and luvved every minuteI wish you much joy with your new
balls of furr  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 11:55:06 »
Just a quick update - kitties have settled in well & yesterday Zebedee proved his worth as "man" of the house with his hunter/gatherer skills - I came home to find a half plucked thrush by my chair & when I got up this morning I found  a well charred potato,(probably from someone's bonfire) & some grass cuttings - meat & 2 veg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 12:04:11 »
We were adopted by a puss called Zebedee but we renamed her Tilly. She is  approximately 14 & sadly is coming to the end of her days. She has feline leukemia & a mass in her tummy but while she is comfortable & we can look after her we will. It will be our first time without a pet since 1987 & not looking forward to it :crybaby2:.

Enjoy your kitties, they are such fun creatures.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:31 »
No more animals (I said) tidy home, but who cares about a few scratches on the new leather settee and wallpaper, and the bit of carpet at the bottom of the stairs, that seems to have a fascination for beatiful Dulce.  The net curtains do need replacing in the living room (now), as he does like looking out the window, but his claws are sharp.  Who cares about a few dead mice outside the back door.  OH is not too keen, but please don't show too many pictures of kittens who need a home, or I may be tempted. I am sure Dulce didn't really mean to pull the knitting off the needles or eat the last piece of jigsaw puzzle.
Either love them or hate them, I just love them.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:33 »
I'm glad they have settled down now Poppy,

any photos?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk