Author Topic: It's here  (Read 3601 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: It's here
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 14:54:47 »
Perhaps the answer is that pensioners should have to apply for the winter fuel allowance.  That way, people who have a lot of money probably wouldn't bother. 

I think the bus passes should definitely be kept in place.  People who have money don't normally apply for them, so it is mainly those on a low or restricted income that have them.  Another good thing about the bus passes is that the more people use buses, the less traffic there is on the roads and more room in the car parks.  Some elderly people are not that confident and really dislike driving, so encouraging them to go on the buses by giving free bus passes must be preferable.   :iroc:

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2012, 15:01:00 »
I think  Senior Citizens should look upon their winter fuel payment as expenses, like the MP's claim.  Also they should have a summer allowance so they can all enjoy a Pimm's in the better weather:icon_cheers:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2012, 18:18:09 »
I completely agree with Paulines7.  The bus pass is brilliant and much appreciated, and the fuel allowance helps with the high gas and elec. bills.  Not much left for wine (sob, sob).  Do we still get £10 at Xmas, I can't wait.  It does seem a bit silly  to give the fuel allowance to the very rich but maybe they pay loads in taxes already.  We have to have a photo and fill in a form for bus pass, so people that aren't interested don't do it, think the same could be applied for the fuel payment, not a means test, but just sign in if you want the money.  As Paulines7 said a lot of people wouldn't bother and that would save money.  I pay £75 a month gas and £55 elec. on a small terraced house, so I would like more money please.  £200 won't go far this year if the weather stays so miserable.   Enjoy your gin ACE, last year used mine for buying Xmas presents, but this year think it will have to go towards the heating costs.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal