Author Topic: Grey Wagtail  (Read 2372 times)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
Grey Wagtail
« on: November 25, 2012, 16:50:19 »
Was thrilled to see female Grey Wagtail exploring the pond perimeter this morning. Really beautiful! Never seen one here before...So wish I'd had a camera  :happy7:

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
Re: Grey Wagtail
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 17:25:18 »
Lucky you! The only time I've seen one here is during the winter when there's been snow on the ground.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 18:12:16 »
I had two regulars who seemed to love my pond and the seeds under the bird feeders for a couple of years but haven't seen any this year.

Tricia

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 18:20:32 »
"Grey" just doesn't do justice to their colour does it.  Working on the canal I see a few, always cheering.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:13:36 »
They are beautiful birds - usually fairly shy of people unless they have water between them and us.

I stayed in Lyme Regis a few years ago with a large group of children and we saw several along the banks of the river each day as we made our way into town.

Here we see only pied wagtails - they look like the posher town gent version as they totter about but no where as pretty.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 12:13:28 »
I'm going to keep a look out now as this was first and only time (very quiet and dog not at home!). Agree re 'grey' - hardly! Glad to hear from others who've seen these beautiful birds!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 21:04:58 »
I had a visit from one recently around my pond.  I had the camera to hand and took a lot of pics.  but, none were much use because of its flicking tail it seemed to blur the pictures.   Lovely birds, although I
think I prefer the Pied wagtail.   

:happy7:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal