Author Topic: lion dung as cat repellent  (Read 3658 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
lion dung as cat repellent
« on: June 17, 2013, 17:01:44 »
Has anyone used this and was it worth it.   My front garden borders must be the main litter tray for all the neighbouring cats, and there seems to be a lot of them.  I got up over 20 lots the other day.   Is there something that is attracting them, do you think?  I am quite fond of cats but not their leavings.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: lion dung as cat repellent
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 18:31:08 »
Sounds a good idea, but what do you use to get rid of the lions. :tongue3:

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 19:52:36 »
I bought some a couple years ago but it had no effect.   I bought other things such as cat pepper, put twigs down but then bought some green gel from Wilkinsons which did have some effect.   In the end, I bought some alpine plants and carnations and put up a netting barrier until the plants had spread.   So far this year, all we have had is a couple of gifts on the lawn.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 20:22:40 »
How many domestic cats have ever met a lion and know to be afraid of it?
Obxx - Vendée France

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 20:50:26 »
Sounds a good idea, but what do you use to get rid of the lions. :tongue3:
[/quote
Any one you do not like but give them a head start
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Han

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 21:01:56 »
Old fashioned way: used coffee (if you make coffee the ols fashioned way with a filter)

Floyds

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 22:04:01 »
Has anyone used this and was it worth it.   My front garden borders must be the main litter tray for all the neighbouring cats, and there seems to be a lot of them.  I got up over 20 lots the other day.   Is there something that is attracting them, do you think?  I am quite fond of cats but not their leavings.

Are you a Zoo keeper or summat? If so why the heck are you getting worked up over some moggies for!
Add the droppings to your lion turds and have a nice compost. :happy7:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 22:07:02 by Floyds »

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 22:33:00 »
Cat and dog poo are not recommended on compost heaps as they can carry some unpleasant infections and also worms.

Cats like bare soil that has been worked so is easy for them to use as a toilet.  They also love gravel.   Try planting more densely to cover up bare soil.  If you have gravel, you may need to consider a redesign which could be expensive.

You can buy a sonic cat scarer device that emits a sound that only cats hear and which puts them off.  You can also google water scarecrow although it may not be very practical for a front garden as the postman and newspaper boy won't like it, nor any other visitors.
Obxx - Vendée France

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 07:31:31 »
A neighbour installed one of those electronic cat scarers which emits a sound they don't like. My cat Spencer thought it was lovely, he was frequently seen sitting next to it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal