Author Topic: What are we eating today?  (Read 23579 times)

pumkinlover

Re: What are we eating today?
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2012, 18:50:53 »
Black pudding sausages with own mash, purple cauliflower, spicy red cabbage and gravy!

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 18:54:56 »
Home made Bratkartoffeln with 09,s Homemade Sauerkraut and Bratwurst sossies from the deli with todays brekky rolls I made.

Gazza

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 19:42:36 »
I love blackpudding the real spicey stuff, it's like a quest trying to find the best one ! :walk:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 20:29:11 »
My take on Succotash, cheers Jeannine
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 09:55:28 »
I love blackpudding the real spicey stuff, it's like a quest trying to find the best one ! :walk:
I can,t see where you live.   The best black pudding for me is at a butchers on the market square in Ashbourne.  Homemade and the best I have ever tasted.   I have relatives who live in and around there and always ask them to bring some when visiting Brum..  Don't know if you would call it spicy.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:45 »
We're having lamb sausages with home grown cavolo nero and maybe some roast sweet potatoes.

We live in Belgium where black pudding is made with seasonal and regional variations.  At the moment there's a lot with grapes or leeks and also white pudding with leeks or cabbage.   Possum likes the black pudding with speculoos - a traditional Belgian spicy biscuit - and now Christmas is coming I've seen black pudding made with Mandarine Napoleon liqueur or cream and spices and other such goodies.
Obxx - Vendée France

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 13:43:42 »
Dug up a scorzonera (three fat roots, not very long) and some jerusalem artichokes yesterday, scrubbed and simmered them in acidulated water (vinegar), then fried gently in butter with chopped up ginger root, garlic, added lemon juice - and I have to say they were delectable.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:36 »
Scorzonera - haven't dug any yet this year.   I usually just wash them, boil and then rub the skins off in the sink, like beetroot.  Much easier than peeling before cooking.  A gentle fry in butter afterwards is very yummy indeed.  Must try adding ginger, sounds lovely.

We had pork (in a slightly hot tomato, pepper and peanut butter sauce with onion and garlic), with winter squash, beetroot, potatoes and broccoli. 

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 08:27:06 »
Oh..its definitely going to be BIG steaming hot pan full of soup today. BRRRRR its COLD!
Looks like its smokey sausage, lentils and veg soup  :icon_cheers:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 14:10:24 »
well its Dogfish /rock salmon day for me and Jude as ive got a few fillets that have been vinegar marinaded to remove the Urea smell so their good to go for tonights Dogfish and fresh pasta dinner.
recipe as and when I can UL it.

Gazza

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:20 »
My garden and veg plot are  frozen stiff so I suspect that's the last knell for my cavolo nero and purple sprouting and Swiss chard.

Tonight will be braised steak and onions with home grown roast pumpkin and some bought greens.
Obxx - Vendée France

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2012, 15:48:05 »
Last night we had a bit of rump steak, stir fry onion, mushroom and yellow pepper with chips from my actifry
Today she's stuck a chicken in the slow cook, rather have stuck it in the oven myself.   :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2012, 16:04:44 »
Last of the apples from store, lovely  :toothy10:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2013, 13:55:30 »
I've started use my squash 'stash' (read; the few I managed to get) and prepared nice lunch for myself.
Baked squash halves, stuffed with smokey sausage, courgette, chilli, garlic and cheese.....YUM  :icon_cheers:
It's good thing that my squashes were small as I couldn't resist gobbling both halves....they were so tasty.. :icon_cheers:
And its good thing that OH is not 'big' squash eater...more for ME!  :icon_cheers:...few more to eat and then they are not back on menu until later on the year....its going to be looooooong time.

All fingers and toes crossed that this year is better growing year!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2013, 14:05:31 »
Last of  the tomatoes and some mixed leaves for lunch., also some home made mustard pickle  :toothy10: Stored cabbage with kestrel roasties with the chicken for tea  :happy7:

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 16:02:42 »
I'm still using up frozen portions of various kinds - tonight it will be venison ragout with fettuccine. The last of that but still have several portions of fish pie and lasagne.

Dessert will be a slice of the cranberry/pecan pie I made yesterday - yum. I've frozen the rest to stop me pigging out on it  :tongue3:.

Tricia

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2013, 20:00:06 »
Ribs, jackets and coconut rice.   :tongue3:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2013, 23:35:05 »
We did the 'whole chicken dinner' thing, (more-or-less) last week. 
We even grew the chicken.
Far, far better than anyone expected, to be fair. It wasn't one of the modern breeds so almost half the meat was dark and the skin was noticeably very thick.
That aside though...... Chin-dribbly tasty!
He got the whole deal, roasted with a whole onion in the cavity, slowly, really slowly after being lovingly buttered and seasoned with salt, black pepper and just a tiny pinch of dried chilli.
All the veggies, and the chillis, were our ours. Some, carrots and parsnips, fresh from the plot.

It was the tastiest, most satisfying meal of the year. for me.
He was even bigger than he looked, and fed us all with ease and went on to make a lovely soup/broth thingy afterwards.. Although the usual child-suspects went missing for those meals. But then they will insist on giving them names. :)
Such is life. *Shrug*

"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 09:11:41 »
We did the 'whole chicken dinner' thing, (more-or-less) last week. 
We even grew the chicken.
Far, far better than anyone expected, to be fair. It wasn't one of the modern breeds so almost half the meat was dark and the skin was noticeably very thick.
That aside though...... Chin-dribbly tasty!
He got the whole deal, roasted with a whole onion in the cavity, slowly, really slowly after being lovingly buttered and seasoned with salt, black pepper and just a tiny pinch of dried chilli.
All the veggies, and the chillis, were our ours. Some, carrots and parsnips, fresh from the plot.
It was the tastiest, most satisfying meal of the year. for me.

....and the job in M&S food advertising department is yours... :icon_cheers:
'Sounded' very chin-dribblingly delicious...I wish I could been there for the dinner... :tongue3: :toothy10:

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 17:50:22 »
I defrosted some tomato puree by mistake yesterday and have only been able to make use of it today. Added some chopped onions, garlic, chilli and a chicken stock cube for extra flavour to make a nice thick soup which is currently bubbling on the hob - if I don't post tomorrow you'll know the puree should have been poured down the sink!

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal