Author Topic: Association rules  (Read 4110 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Association rules
« on: October 25, 2012, 20:27:58 »
We're discussing possible changes to our rules; could anyone let me have a copy of what their Association has?

pumkinlover

Re: Association rules
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 22:36:05 »
pm sent, ours were written a few years ago now and could do with a few modifications!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:29 »
I'm sure you will have seen the NSALG model rules Robert...  :wave:

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:51:24 »
Our constitution is on our website http://www.whaa.org.uk as is the missive of let (at the end of the handbook).

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 14:30:02 »
You can look at ours fromthe website, golborne-allotments.co.uk  :happy7:

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 17:13:14 »
do you mean the tenancy agreement or society constitution?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 19:17:40 »
The constitution; I didn't make myself clear. The specific question we're dealing with is how Association officers are to be elected; the ones I've seen so far all give that to the AGM, which is what I think should happen. Another questin I have is how members accused of 'bringing the association into disrepute' should be dalt with. The current rule is that the committee has the power to expel them, but I've been on the recieving end of that (and been reinstated), and as a result I think an EGM should be involved.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 18:52:41 »
So far I've got a couple of constitutions, but I'd be grateful for any more. Are there any sites where the committee elects the officers, or does everyone give that to the AGM?

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 18:59:09 »
At our AGM we are very relaxed... office bearers are sort of sorted out beforehand by a bit of asking around if anyone wants to come onto the committee.. Then at the AGM is is purely academic ....

On the day the Sec asks "anyone want to do anything on the committee or want a change in the present one?"

The usual answer from the floor is "no leave it as is" - meeting closed in rapid time 15 minutes max!!

Simples..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 19:14:07 »
By the time of AGM we know if anyone wants to stand down and have asked amongst committee or if necessary the members if anyone wants to stand for an officer post. The vacancy is notified when the AGM agenda goes out. There is not usually much competition, but if people want a change then they have every opportunity.
Of course it is alright to moan about what we do, but no-one wants to do it themselves so it's same old faces!!

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 20:14:19 »
Constition Hope it helps

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 21:28:14 »

When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 23:16:58 »
Ours is on our website www.hraa.org.uk
Under the committee section I think.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 23:26:11 »
Thanks. That's four. In practice, election of officers is very informal on my site, since there's never any competition. We inherited a rule which says that the committee shall recommend names for election; someone rightly objected on the basis that the agreed individuals might not remain on the committee if they were up for re-election; we did have someone voted off once. I've never been comfortable with that as I think it's a cheek to tell people who to vote for. Unfortunately, they want to replace it with a rule saying that the committee should elect them, which is worse. It may not come to it, but I'm anticipating putting a rebel amendment to the AGM, and a few constitutions which all say more or less what I want ours to might come in useful!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal