Author Topic: HELP can't find this blog  (Read 1812 times)

claybasket

• Hectare
HELP can't find this blog
« on: October 25, 2012, 05:00:49 »
I came across a blog from a lady(I think) then now I can't find it .She was very thrifty made her own clothes washing liquid ,her site was amazingly interesting ,she has two children 13&15yrs and she lets her dad have a bit of her Lotty as he's getting on,she's got 4Lotty's ,tell you recipes ,she puts raw peelings in trenches and covers up when full .Has this rung a bell yet?I was reading about something that she had replied to when i saw her blog and went in to it ,but had to dash of and forgot to save this info  didn't remember her name,it was very interesting I thought someone else would remember it? :BangHead:

kippers garden

• Hectare
Re: HELP can't find this blog
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:52 »
I've just logged on and saw this post (spooky).....I hope I'm right, but I think it's my blog   :blob7:....if i'm wrong it will be embarrassing  :BangHead:.

You can just google 'Notjustgreenfingers' and it will come up, but here's the link:

http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com/

Thank you for reading it.

( I love to hear what parts of the blog that people enjoy reading, so I can write more on the subject, so please leave a comment if you have time).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:44:40 by kippers garden »
This is my simple living UK blog:  http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com/

Follow me if you enjoy reading it!

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:23 »
Wow thanks for the link. :blob7: I have just printed off a couple of recipes to use pumpkins and butternuts in place of patty pan. Just what I was after for out site BBQ. Great information read so far. I have now saved this to return to when I have a bit more time :happy7:

kippers garden

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:04:00 »
Thanks Jeanbean :happy8: :happy8: :happy7:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:57:51 »
Thanks Jeanbean :happy8: :happy8: :happy7:

Superb blog! Back to reading .......................  and learning  :happy7:

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 20:08:44 »
How spooky yes Kipper you were right its YOU :wave: I was gutted when I couldn't find you,what a wonderful blog you have ,It reminded me off when I was first married I often referred to being incredibly poor ,we had mortgage and the interest rate shot to a wooping 17%  hubby lost his job we'd no savings, but we had our 4 Lotty's,and £10 a week to feed a family of 4,things were a lot cheaper then, but like yourself I made everything, I could get two good meals from a wee chicken and boil the bones for chicken broth for a hungry family ,we'd go bramble picking ,bilberry picking,the odd salmon would come our way by my brother-in-law we asked no questions,we had chickens ,lots of eggs for baking ,quiches ,french toast the kids love it,once a month we'd put £5 in the car take our kids to the coast with a hamper of goodies I'd made,I m a pensioner now hubby's retired due to a heart bye pass ,but we still have 2Lotty's and I'm still thrifty ,we get away twice a yr to Turkey my daughter's apt ,and often the son will joke about how tight I was but we always had a great Xmas and pressie's  ,I loved  reading your blog and will  be trying out the washing liquid ,and the tarts yours looked lovely, the Tesco ones looked vile.thanks claybasket

kippers garden

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:32:40 »
Thank you Claybasket.
I am very passionate about this subject as I feel so many families are missing out on things due to the recession and having a small amount of money to live on.  I thought if I wrote this blog it may help people to realise they can live better on less money by cooking from scratch and growing their own veg and using old fashioned cleaning methods etc

I think people live by materialist values now and 'trying to keep up with the Jones'l and we wanted to get away from this treadmill...and I can honestly say it's made us happier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal