Author Topic: Some tea leaf has taken one of my cabbages  (Read 2185 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Some tea leaf has taken one of my cabbages
« on: October 17, 2012, 20:33:45 »
I bought trays of 12 cabbage plants, and one set of savoy have done particularly well.  On Sunday there were 12 huge cabbages in a block four across three down.  Today there are only 11 -  I am gutted. There is gap in the middle of the block.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
Re: Some tea leaf has taken one of my cabbages
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 21:19:35 »
You didn't say "help yourself to what you want" by any chance did you?

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 21:55:38 »
In early spring I laid out 8 trays of strawbs to plant out that I had grown in pots over the autumn and winter.. next day when I cam to plant them out there were only 7.... I lost about 16 plants in one fowl swoop!!
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 23:03:55 »
Last year in summer I lost 2 cabbages and a cauliflower and along with  2 weeks before Xmas I had 5-6 sprout plants stripped from top to bottom leaving empty stalks only.  A week later I fenced in my entire plot with 6-8 ft wire mesh.  All 30x110 ft of it.  I must of failed to tie in a section near the path mid summer this year I had more stuff go missing,  a cheeky buggar who cut the heart out of a lettuce and folded the outer leaves to try and hide it and nicked all my summer raspberries the same evening. -  I found and tied in the gap.  No problems since... touch wood
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:30:13 »
Blackcurrants stripped earlier in year. Next plot holder lost his strawberries.  Came back off holiday in September to find my bigget pumpkin gone.  I hope who ever it is chokes.  Have taken the dissuasion to plant some of my bassicas at home, as can see nearer to Christmas plots being raided as prices rise.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:38 »
That's a real bugger.... touch wood the security on our site is pretty good, but a couple of the sheds near the entrance have had their locks broken... not heard of any produce going yet, but I harvested my pumpkins last week to dodge any problem there... the supermarkets seem to want a lot of money for not very good ones this year, the "2 quid pumpkin" is pretty small this year....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal