Author Topic: am off  (Read 1458 times)

claybasket

• Hectare
am off
« on: October 27, 2012, 10:43:01 »
 Well it's that time in the yr when I pack my wee case and we are off for three weeks to Turkey, :wave: :sunny: :sunny: we are off on Monday can't wait for some lovely weather and food ,we are going to Didim not far from Altinkum, we will fly home by Istanbul we are having 4days there the history is wonderful,my daughter's apt is near the temple of Apollo a wonderful site ,we often walk up to the bars there and enjoy the view lite up at night and have a beer :drunken_smilie: well must go and pack look down the Lotty and my garden one more time by,ClayB now were is that suntan lotion :icon_cheers:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: am off
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:40:30 »
I spent a few days in Istanbul a few years ago loved it.  Love Turkish food too.  There was a lovely little restaurant in a side street off the main shopping street which was amazing, great food and very cheap.  The chilli green bean dish was lovely as was the chicken.  Loved the archeology museum the orientation is great, I had not realised that the Roman Empire continued until almost 1066 over there.  People are so nice.  I fell down a pothole and I think half of Istanbul arrived to help me up.

I also like their broad bean stuff. 

Mind you it gets quite cold suddenly in Istanbul   I was there in the snow in November, so was glad I had put in the thermals as well.  I went from Antalya where we spent the afternoon swimming in the sea to making snow men in Istanbul on an overnight bus.

Three weeks in Turkey -very green with envy. :tongue2:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:46:57 »
Ohh....warm...hardly remember what that is like. Have a good holiday...AND..don't forget to save/buy some seeds if you see or eat something interesting.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 13:08:38 »
I like their scarves.  Got a lovely fleece one from a supermarket.  It is lovely so nice and wide and long.  Really warm.  And I so like their pashminas.  Lovely quality very cheap.   Look as if you just ironed them all day long.

And all the spices.  And turkish apple tea.   And pistachio nuts.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 18:07:38 »
Last yr I came back with big garlics Got a great crop from them,and was amazed that pepper corns grow in lovely big trees a Turkish friend picked some from his tree you just popthem in the mouth peppery but nice.I will be getting seeds and looking in gardens ,I hope we get to the botanical gardens Istanbul they are in the university there is a few uni's 4I think picked the wrong one in April hopfully we find the right one thanks all.Clay

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 00:07:21 »
Enjoy! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal