Author Topic: LIDL greenhouses  (Read 21349 times)

ken (69)

• Acre
Re: LIDL greenhouses
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2005, 10:34:41 »
Those packets of Norfolk Giant carrot seed  (29p)does 4 standard rows, but  Lidl doesn't seem to have standard runner or broad beans.And this coming Monday 6million pixel digi cameras (3zoom) for £150.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2005, 10:57:08 »
abarton6   Don't be afraid to sow your seeds.  Just stick to the instructions on the packet and all will be well  :)  Go for something cheap and easy to start with.  Seeds want to grow so if you give them what they want they'll sprout.  Make sure you don't sow your seeds into cold soil or compost.  If sowing seeds indoors I make sure the compost is warmed up.  I bring mine indoors to make sure it's at room temperature.  ;D

I never get tired of growing from seed.  I hover over them constantly watching for signs of them breaking the surface and it always makes me very happy when they come up.  I'm like a big kid.   ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 11:00:01 »
Hoi Ray ;)

Come over three Years ago on the Motor to Brum
to that Big Fishing Shop there.
Forgotten the name Now :D
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2005, 15:35:47 »
Been to Lidl for the first time ever today.  No clogs or greenhouses etc.  I did get some 29 p french marigold seeds (for companion planting).  No more clogs due in apparently - they were a one off  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2005, 18:37:04 »
That is the thing with Lidls Wardy, the 'specials' come in on a Monday and Thursday, and once they are gone, they tend to be gone!  Mum has shopped at Lidls for yonks, and I frequent the one in Chelmsford when there is something tempting on offer, or when I am passing and can do with a pint or loaf.  ;D

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2005, 18:43:02 »
Ë.J :)

When I go to Our over here I have to Glue my Hands in my Pockets.....Sorry worse than the Ladies Can resist that [Bargain] ha ha   Mike
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2005, 18:41:04 »
Hi Abarton6
I made the same mistake in my rush to get to LIDL. They gave me a penny and it worked the same as a £1 coin
Rosemary

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2005, 20:37:15 »
i actually put up my tunnel cloche from lidl today over my recently planted garlic, and today's sown radishes, lambs lettuce, spring onions and spinach. looks good and i hope the wind isn't gonna take it away! will check tomorrow to see how it did

incidentally, never having done this before - will i need to water? the cloche has a perforated cover.

svea
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal