Author Topic: Any one going to rhs Harrowgate on Saturday  (Read 1817 times)

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
Any one going to rhs Harrowgate on Saturday
« on: September 12, 2012, 20:00:54 »
Our allotment group have arrange a 5 day holiday to Scarborough and we are going to the show on Saturday.  Will I need my thermals as haven't been that far north for a while  ;D ;D

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Any one going to rhs Harrowgate on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 20:15:46 »
Yes! I am going on Saturday as well, I go every year to both the Spring & Autumn shows.

The Autumn show is usually the better of the two.

I will be interested to see how this years weather has affected the exhibitors.

Regarding your thermals! The forecast is promising but I never let that trouble me as 50-60% of the show is under cover.

I just take fold up pac a mac type jacket for venturing out of the marquees and buildings.

The park & ride car park can some times be a bit damp underfoot but I understand they have been improving it as it was this that caused the cancellation of the Great Yorkshire show.

I hope you enjoy it, make a point of seeing the biggest onion if you can!

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 20:35:21 »
Take a large flask and food so you can rest in your own time its a huge place. Take something you can tie onto the car arial to help you locate it and note where you get on the bus in relation to where your car is.
A mate is showing this year Paul Harmer have a look at his Carnations i reckon he will take the Gold Award this year.

Tee Gee will be the one whith the camara if you stand still long enough he will have your picture

You all have a great day
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 22:13:43 »
Thanks for the info Tee Gee and Davyw1.  We will be going by coach so parking not a problem.  Have my mac packed, but have checked the weather for that area and it comes up sunny.  Hope you both have a great day.
                                                                              Regards Taurus.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:45:29 »
Have my mac packed, but have checked the weather for that area and it comes up sunny. 

Don't believe the weather forecast, a dull yellow orb in the clouds counts as sunny up there. I would take a survival suit and plenty of proper food, unless you like black pudding butties, also a big flask of proper tea as northern tea can be a bit weak after the tea bag has been used a few times. Tie some string around your trouser bottoms to stop the ferrets running up your legs. It might be an idea to smear yourself all over with goose fat to keep out the cold.  Practise the t'lingo if you really want t enjoy t'show.

Last but not least, don't be flash by  using paper money.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:33 »
Cheeky blighter,
I'm going tommorow have wellies packed and a plastic sheet to sit on for lunch as there are never enough places to sit down. Cant wait to see the dahlias this year. and see what new tubers we can buy from Halls.
Looks like it might be a bit windy .
x sunloving

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:48:23 »
 :o...ACE!................................................. ::)............................................................ ;D......................................... ;)

Code: [Select]
I would take a survival suit and plenty of proper food, unless you like black pudding butties,
Well..if nothing else, at least we have proper chips here  ;) ..belly full of those and survival suit is unnecessary.. ;D What more can one want!

Can we have plenty of pics from the show please?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:49:59 by goodlife »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 19:02:29 »
My daughter is in Scarborough at the moment and she texted me this afternoon to say they were in the caravan playing monopoly! It's blooming cold here- got the heating on- but it's looking a bit better for the weekend. we're busy moving our daughter from Bath to London at the weekend so sadly won't be able to get to Harrogate. Hope you enjoy it.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 18:34:12 »
Home again sleepy and happy after a day at the show ground. The dahlias were fantastic this year. Went in long johns and many jumpers and cagool had to strip them all off and tie them around waist as it turned really warm and sunny.

Just wish Id taken own lunch so i had more money for seeds and bulbs.
Happy day tommorow and sun for all going. get making those butties now and find that ribbon for the aerial. :)
x sunloving

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 21:05:32 »
Tee Gee will be the one whith the camara if you stand still long enough he will have your picture

Well I went Dave and true to your word I took a few pictures and I didn't need to put a jacket, let alone my thermals  :icon_cheers:

:coffee2: A bit expensive so only had one, took my own water!

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Blogspot/Harrogate%20Autumn%20%20show%202012/Harrogate%202012%20Aut%20Show%20blog.htm

Tried not to get too many people in shot in case I embarassed anyone a A4A  :tongue3:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal