General > Top Tips

Bright Idea Against Vine Weevil.

<< < (4/4)

Vinlander:

--- Quote from: galina on January 27, 2016, 08:42:19 ---Like the drowning idea, Vinlander.

How smelly is using the microwave?  Guess that kills all the 'good guys' as well.   :wave:

--- End quote ---

I try to make sure the only good guys left are microbes and fungi - a small price to pay for killing weevils, slugs, their eggs and fungus gnats etc.

Funnily enough I've never had much smell from soil-less composts (allowed me to get away with secretly using the kitchen microwave until I found my own in the street).

Any significant soil content will brew up a stink - I don't know why, but it doesn't bother me now I've got my own gardening microwave. One thing I do know is that nothing in any normal soil mix ever goes 'bang' (including gravel, stones etc.). I'm always fairly vigilant against foil - quite a lot of oxo wrappers try to sneak into the compost bin...

I'd like to thank all microwave donors across the UK but also remind them to put something over the box to stop rain getting into the grilles on top... a bit of plastic or hardboard or plywood is fine.

Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version