Author Topic: Wyevale 50p seed deal  (Read 8630 times)

gerkin

• Quarter Acre
Re: Wyevale 50p seed deal
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 13:56:47 »
just got a few packets in upminster branch ,still loads to choose from

country gardens
http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/garden-centres/country-gardens/Country-Gardens-Upminster-Garden-Centre/CD
upminster essex ,come on you irons

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 16:08:21 »
Went to my local Wyevale (York) for grit and compost, came back with 12 packets of seeds as well. Thought that was quite restrained- maybe I'll get some more if they go down to 10p. :happy7:

satureja

• Not So New ...
  • enfield north london
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 13:04:08 »
Went in to the garden centre group enfield yesterday and the seeds are down to 10p a packet spent £4.40 and they are worth a £112 so definitely a bargain . I might have bought more but i spent £40 when they were 50p a packet , so i have saved a fortune :icon_cheers:

irridium

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 22:44:43 »
oh, you shouldn't have told me that!! do you think that is nationwide, the 10p sale?

satureja

• Not So New ...
  • enfield north london
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 13:35:14 »
I would have thought so as they all seemed to become 50p pretty much at the same time. I had to search to find the seeds though and they were dumped in a couple of barrels near the checkout and i emptied them out on the floor to have a good look through ( i was not bothered about being seen searching for a bargain) so do have a good look round or ask someone if they still have them as they might not be out on a table as they were before

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 07:00:56 »
My local Garden Centre Group at Havant also has 2 trugs of seeds at 10p a packet. They aren't with the rest of the full-price seeds, they are out with the bulbs that are also half price.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 16:52:54 »
Got 22 packets of seeds at 10p a packet (Wyevales that isn't Wyevales, and apparently hasn't been for  2 years) at Crews Hill).  OH moaning (as usual) as said I had gone to the wrong nursery as it wasn't Wyevales but I recognised the green sign, but I asked for the 10p seeds (whilst he hid) and found the tub that was left.  I also had a good time sitting on the floor of the shop sorting through whilst he disowned me. I do love a good bargain, looking forward to March/April so can get planting. Also bought him a packet of 99p crisps reduced to 25p to stop him moaning and some redcurrant jelly for 50p instead of £3.79 (only a small jar) and to think I didn't bother to pick all my redcurrants this year. Prices in Enfield Garden Centre when not on offer are very expensive.  Lots of the seeds were duplicates, and a lot of herbs, but at 10p a packet I'm not complaining.  The catmint was probably the most expensive one (full price £2.89).  :happy7: :happy7: :happy7:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal