Author Topic: Charlie (again)  (Read 9236 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Charlie (again)
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 13:48:36 »
Sorry to hear about Charlie, I don't normally follow the pet threads so I haven't beeen ignoring you Borlotti, lets just hope Charlie gets better soon.   :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 22:48:21 »
So sorry

Alison x

pumkinlover

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 08:47:56 »
How is he today? I remember the heartbreak with my dogs at this timein thier lives. In the end you have to chosse the best for them, and then the processof mending your heart can start. x Anne

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 15:23:41 »
Fighting over the door mat.  We have three now, one by the back door and two at the front.  Have moved Charlie's beloved door mat against the wall as we couldn't get in or out.  Went shopping and Dulce decided to have a sleep on it.  His owners have gone on holiday or he is home alone, but as he is always here or next door, makes no difference.  Charlie was very upset, but he has got his doormat back, and is actually sleeping outside the front door on the other doormat.  OH has gone to his boat, and Charlie always seems to get ill then, but he said he would rather have me put down than the cat.  Even, son that is not an animal lover, just said let him sleep, and he doesn't seem to be in any pain, apart from moaning when he is shut in the kitchen.  Young new vet said it was cruel to keep him too long, but he wants to stay here so I say 'let sleeping cats lie', or is it dogs.  If he gets distressed will do an emergency trip and don't care how much it costs, but at the moment he is staying here.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 15:26:31 by Borlotti »

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 17:45:45 »

Charlie seems a fighter, and if he is happy as you say let sleeping cats lie.
and he is happy on his mat , good old Charlie.
    June.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 18:22:49 »
Maybe the other cats should be made to stay away and leave Charlie in peace whilst he's not feeling up to scratch? I'm sure he doesn't want to be sharing his precious little mat?  :(  :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 15:54:11 »
Sorry to bore everyone again, but Charlie seems a lot better, and Dulce went out in the front garden and Charlie actually walked quite well down the step and sat outside.  Funny because both are male cats but do seem to like each other.  Think Charlie is a bit confused as when Zorba died (my cat that I had from a kitten), and was Charlie's friend, he wailed at night, and Dulce does look the image of Zorba and at least they are friends and Charlie has stopped crying. Did lock Dulce out last night as Charlie can't see at night and doesn't want Dulce to play with him, but Dulce loves Charlie, not too sure that Charlie loves Dulce but is not too old to give him a good box round the ears.  Copy cats, what one has the other wants.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 16:03:57 »

Hi Borlotti.
You are not boring me, I love to hear your tales about the cats,I am glad Charlie is better, and its nice he has his friend for company.
 June.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 16:37:42 »
So pleased that he is taking an interest in going out Borlotti
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 16:50:53 »
Very pleased to hear that Charlie is enjoying himself, my vet keeps telling me to make sure that I am "too early with Paddington, rather than too late" but like you I feel that they will tell us when they have had enough. I was given a mouse the other day so I think we are a way off yet.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:50 »
Definitely not boring me either. I look forward to reading about how Charlie is getting on. Even my OH asks me for updates now, lol. Glad he's having some better days :) - and has a buddy! :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 08:51:15 »

Hi ,how is Charlie getting on , hope he has still got his beloved mat .
   June.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:54 »
Charlie is doing very well, thank you for asking.  I have even let him stay on the mat when I go out and no accidents so far.  He goes to bed about 9.30 pm in the kitchen on his blanket without being told.  Dulce and Gabanna's owners are on holiday, but think someone must be feeding Gabanna, but he comes every day for a stroke.  One night OH didn't know Gabanna was on the chair hiding under the tablecloth so he had a sleep over.  OH got up in the morning and saw a tail hanging down, crafty these cats.  Gabanna did sneak in the other day and finish off Charlie's food.  Dulce has got his cushion in the lean-to and Charlie has got his beloved mat.  Pictures Gabanna eating food, Dulce on his cushion, Charlie on his mat.  Gabanna is a good cat, comes for a short visit and goes home, Dulce just stays.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 18:03:46 »
Charlie actually went out today, just outside the front door with the door open.  Lovely hot day.  Think I have solved the problem of his beloved door mats, as got up in the night and he got very confused with the light on, and kept walking into the door, and couldn't find his water, food or cat litter tray.   He now puts himself to bed an hour earlier, about 8.30 pm.  Think his eyes must have got a lot worse, but he knows his way around the house in the daylight.  Think he loves the texture of the door mats as he can find them even if he can't see, so feels safe there.  He is either asleep on the one by the front door or the one by the back door, but does like the doors open so he can see out, which is OK if I am home, but not so good when I go out, but then he has to go in the kitchen. 

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:24 »
Ah bless him. They do say that cats can become a bit senile in their old age so maybe he is a wee bit disorientated sometimes? He certainly seems to be a fighter and like all old folks probably has his good and bad days.
It is hard to put them to sleep and it's natural to want them just to not wake up one day. Maybe that will be his lot, it's hard to say, but I think he looks OK for his age! He's being much loved in any case.
Take care.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal