Author Topic: has our country gone MAD  (Read 1747 times)

claybasket

• Hectare
has our country gone MAD
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:01:58 »
I have to get this of my chest,Can't be leave that we are giving 3million pounds to help to make prisons in Jamaica and Nigeria more suitable and have better trained staff and perhaps fresh flowers each day in the cells, this is for the poor forgen prisoners being sent back to there own country's to serve out the rest of there sentence, as our own prisons are old and over crowded busting at the seams with crimenils this is  all to do with human rights ,time this government got a bloody back bone, send them back to were they came from to do the time there ,look after our own prisons ,hospitals etc ,as they say they did the crime let them do the time and not at our expense am so angry about this .

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Re: has our country gone MAD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:58 »
I am  not agreeing or disagreeing with you but it costs huge sums of money to keep foreign nationals in British jails. So do you spend more money on keeping foreign nationals in jail in this country or less money sending foreign criminals to jail in their own country. just a thought!
The tax payer still pays whatever.....and pays more to keep foreign nationals in prisons here. I would go for the cheaper option every time given the choice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:25:41 by Duke Ellington »
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

BritBrat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:16 »
Don't the government keep telling us we are broke?

Or are my ears failing.

If someone  is here illegaly why would we care what we send them back to.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 16:57:32 »
I think even better to give Jamaica and Nigeria ,and all other country's, forgeners who break the laws of our country there country should get  the bill for there keeping them in our prisons,  why the hell should we be out of pocket it might be a deterrent .

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 17:02:44 »
There's a difference between reptriating illegal immigrants and sending back convicted criminals to serve their sentence in their home country.   

It's easy enough to argue for sending the criminals home, especially if it works out cheaper than keeping them here.

Illegal immigrants are a whole different question involving a minefield of human and ethical considerations.   
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal