Author Topic: Frozen shoulder  (Read 6485 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Frozen shoulder
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 22:33:01 »
Registered at 3pm.
Saw GP at 4pm.
Was examined, given stronger anti inflammatories, given some excercises (gentle) to do, and appt made for next week to see another GP to discuss steroid jab.  :D
I'm a lot happier now, feel like getting somewhere! So different from old GP surgery, people even smile in there!!

Now that sounds better ........  hope you will feel fine again soon with steroid jabs and exercises.  Glad you got a better deal at the new GPs.  :)

pumkinlover

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 22:43:13 »
Thanks Galina, I've been to the allotment tonight and feel that I am getting a bit of use back, and pain is a lot better.

I'm sure that everyone on here is the same - any ailment that gets in the  way of our ability  to garden is a major source of irritation  :-\ I just feel lucky that it looks like that I am going to get over this fairly soon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 22:51:13 by pumpkinlover »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 00:06:14 »
PL, So sorry to hear about your shoulder, i hope you feel better very soon, its horrible being in pain all the time gets you down bigtime.

Please let me know how you get on with the steroid injection.
Take care regards
Rosebud x.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 07:00:43 »
I've noticed that if GP or any other doctor takes your 'case' seriously and don't mess you about with treatments..that only make you feel better and gives that feeling that trouble is already improving.
Proper placebo effect.. ;D

Sadly I don't seem to often meet those 'nice' doctors that has that effect.. ::) They always fail on the first 'hurdles'..I came back home from the appointment and I start checking things on books or internet for they've told me and they usually have said something that is not either up to date info or its not entirely true..and my faith to them come to a stand still.. >:( Perharps I should be less 'active' with 'knowing it all'.. ::)

Code: [Select]
Registered at 3pm.
Saw GP at 4pm.
..that does give very much hope for good treatment.. ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:02:52 by goodlife »

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:05 »
I am so pleased that you are getting some treatment. Sometimes its worth changing doctors.We had to move because we were no longer in the area for the practice. So pleased that we did because this new one is amazing
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 16:06:17 »
PL, how are things now?  All mended and forgotten? 

pumkinlover

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 17:41:49 »
Thanks for asking Galina.
I took the Naproxen for a week, during which time I got full movement back and the pain improved a lot.
I'm can drive and garden again but it is a bit sore at the moment but we have been doing  a lot of what aggravates it anyway. (Pruning heavy lifting etc). I never went for steroid jab as it improved so much with the medication.
The original GP surgery sent me a text to say I have an appt. with the Dr who does the steroid injections on 14th September. I would have been off sick for 6 weeks if I had waited for that and not had any other treatment ???
Since then loads of people have said that we have moved to the best surgery in the area :D
So we think that some good has come of it all ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal