Author Topic: Frozen shoulder  (Read 6484 times)

pumkinlover

Frozen shoulder
« on: August 01, 2012, 17:01:32 »
 :(
11 years ago I fell when dog gave me a tug, and hurt my shoulder badly.

I've had problems off and on and used chiropracter at times.  In last few days it has got really bad and I went to the GP as can't really afford  a course at the chiropracter, Nice new Doctor told me it was a frozen shoulder and if I booked in with the GP who does the steroid injections tomorrow I could well be ok straight away.

I went down to reception only to be told that all the clinics are booked up until September ??? That's great I can only use one arm- my non dominant hand, I cannot drive as cannot raise my arm (not that that matters as the b*****y car keeps breaking down and I'm waiting for another one)- hence skint ???

Still want to get the garden weeded as  I am on holiday now, so will have to try one handed weeding tomorrow.
Yours truly
Fed up!!!

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
Re: Frozen shoulder
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 17:17:07 »
I sympathise as I know what a frozen shoulder joint is like.
When I had mine I was given prescription tablets by the doctor. 
Perhaps it's worth contacting first doctor to say nothing doing until September so is there an alternative such as tablets.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 17:28:34 »
Receptions  ::)...they are making their own 'rules' all the time. I bet that doctor will find something alternative for you once he finds out how long you are having to wait..go and hassle him..

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 17:29:21 »
I really do sympathise with you. I had a frozen shoulder afew years ago. I also had to wait for physio but when I did get it the treatement took around a month to work. I had radio therapy. (I think that was what it was called)
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

goodlife

• Hectare

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 17:36:10 »
I through a stick for my dog and with in 1hour I couldn't move my neck and shoulder, I was in agony ,it lasted 18 months, 6weeks later the other shoulder went the same way,you have my sympathy thank goodness for pain killers.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 18:56:14 »
My wife has terrible trouble with a frozen shoulder. It startes three winters ago when she had a fall on the steps at one of the Social Services offices.  She sued them, successfully, but it's still  giving her hell.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 19:14:07 »
I think you need to hassle to get things done. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 21:05:50 »
I've had it off and on for a few years, lifting a washing machine onto my truck. I have got a regular supply of zapain, doc gives me some if I plead hard enough, but a friend gets them and they make her too sleepy, so I swop her with some solpadol which is nearly the same thing but does not work so well for me. If I warm up with some gentle exercises it seem to help, just catches me unawares sometimes when I brush my hair with the wrong hand.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 21:07:13 »
Sympathy from me too :(  The only thing I found that helped was sleeping on my back with a pillow next to/under the frozen shoulder so you don't roll onto it and strong anti-inflammatorys from the doctor, good luck!  There is a 16week waiting list for physio locally :(

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 23:57:56 »
We have been to another doctors but they have to agree to take us on- sort of etiquette so I hope to hear tomorrow if they have accepted us,
not really been that happy with these for a while, this year they decided to stop my Ventolin inhaler and it took phone call after phone call to get it back again. ???
New practise is further away so have to drive there but if it is as nice as it looks it will be worth it.
Meanwhile trying to get to talk  to occupational health to see it they can do anything.
Excuse me moaning  I am very grumpy at the moment. :-[

thanks for help and nice messages!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:51:52 by pumpkinlover »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:14 »

Excuse me moaning  I am very grumpy at the moment. :-[

Come on shake yourself up, the sun is shining, the rowers and riders are lifting our spirits, and talking of spirits, put a bottle of gin in the fridge, drink the gin and rub your shoulder with the cold empty bottle. You will soon feel better. Book yourself in for a good massage, lippy on, best frock, taxi in to town and a bit of retail therapy, you will not know yourself. Hopefully you will be fit for The Peacock on the 23rd if they still have a bit of entertainment on.

pumkinlover

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 07:40:24 »
Thanks Ace, I am feeling more positive this morning.
I'm going to have a go at one handed weeding today! there are a lot of people a lot worse off than me.
I'm not sure what will be happening the week you are up, because most of the people who go will be at Whitby. Anyway I'll find out. Doesn't mean we cannot meet up though :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 11:30:41 »
Wish I could come and help you out now, as you very kindly helped me write labels when I had an incapacitated hand.

We can self-refer to our NHS physio clinic.  Is this a possibility where you are?  Was told there would be a few weeks wait, but there was a cancellation and I got seen to in less than a week.  This was after the osteopath was unable to help.  The NHS physio guy diagnosed the real problem rightaway and his exercises are sorting me out to this day.  After the money spent going privately, the local good NHS was a blessing.

Hope you will get pain relief and the underlying problem sorted.  Hug for you.

pigeonseed

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 13:04:50 »
Bad luck - that's rotten.
As the others say, do what you can to reduce pain, and then get out and try and take your mind off it. I always find being at the allotment cheers me up, even in pain!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 13:21:09 »
Hope you are feeling better. I slipped over yesterday in the park on my way home, came down right on my back and shoulder  :-[ Nothing seems broken but today I am very stiff and sore, so I sympathise 100% with you!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 13:35:19 »
Thank you all for kind wishes! One handed weeding works! and it was nice to be on the plot and pick some fruit.
Keep moving Antipodes! I think I did not keep moving enough when I had the first injury.

Glad you improved Galina, there are a few of us on here with aches and pains, and we do not like it when we are not able to "get stuck in"
I thought that occupational health would step in to ensure I got quick treatment but they leave it to the GP. Anyway new  GP practise is going to accept us, will fill in application forms and hopefully get registered soon. :)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 14:31:16 »
Ah..some good news then.. ;D Lets hope this new GP get you sorted...soon!

Code: [Select]
there are a few of us on here with aches and pains yes.. ::)

pumkinlover

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 17:34:20 »
Registered at 3pm.
Saw GP at 4pm.
Was examined, given stronger anti inflammatories, given some excercises (gentle) to do, and appt made for next week to see another GP to discuss steroid jab.  :D
I'm a lot happier now, feel like getting somewhere! So different from old GP surgery, people even smile in there!!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 17:48:33 »
So pleased for you, I know how painful it is. my doctor always goes straight for the jab - painful - but it works.
Good luck

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal