Author Topic: poorly peppers  (Read 1645 times)

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
poorly peppers
« on: July 17, 2012, 19:47:22 »
Does anyone have any idea what is causing holes in the leaves of my swet pepper plants.  As fast as I nip off the leaves then fresh holes appear in leaves.  What is the cure/prevention.  Also leaves are just strivelling up and dying.  The plants ae indoors on the windowsill.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: poorly peppers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 20:46:05 »
Slugs? I brought one of mine inside about a week ago and found a slug under the pot today! >:(

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
Re: poorly peppers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 00:13:52 »
It all depends on the size & shape of he holes - slugs leave roundish 3-10mm wide holes and wavy slots in peppers (but often long rips in sweetcorn as they move between the veins). You should see some shiny slime too.

Holes 3-8mm that are sort of jagged like fjords are vine weevils - though they usually go to the edge.

Hundreds of 1-3mm holes that look like someone using sharp grit in a shotgun - that's capsid bugs. There is usually a lot of crimping as well - as the plant tries to compensate.

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal