Author Topic: plots broken into  (Read 7078 times)

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
Re: plots broken into
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 07:31:43 »
Sorry to hear this Jim. :'( It would be good to think that they will be caught and punished but then I caught sight of a flying pig. Aden says his site has insurance for this. As I understand from being a new committe member on our site, the insurance we have only covers the actual site hut and contents, not individual's huts and contents. If you don't mind can you give me any details of your insurer Aden as I would like to put a new insurance policy to the committee if it would cover our sheds etc. PM me if you would prefer. Thanks Jeanbean

woodybrown

• Quarter Acre
  • The brat pack
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:40 »
Our plots get broken into regular as clockwork ,the bigger lock you put on the more they try . My rule of thumb is dont leave anything in their you dont mind losing. Wehave a problem with minimotos and people breaking in  for petrol ,so we always leave a can with a few nasties in it .I leave a rake strategically placed but have caught myself out before lol .It is annoying but thats life.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 11:58:33 »
Sorry to hear this Jim. :'( It would be good to think that they will be caught and punished but then I caught sight of a flying pig. Aden says his site has insurance for this. As I understand from being a new committe member on our site, the insurance we have only covers the actual site hut and contents, not individual's huts and contents. If you don't mind can you give me any details of your insurer Aden as I would like to put a new insurance policy to the committee if it would cover our sheds etc. PM me if you would prefer. Thanks Jeanbean

My apologies for misleading you - I'd re-read my post ages after making it and it should have said we don't!  :( I'm not sure how I did it but my usual sticky keyboard and rotten closeup eye sight. It was too late to go back and edit.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 12:00:30 »
Oh B*gg*r. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd be using some very bad words and feeling murderous.

What make was the rotovator?
I was wondering how they manage to remove the stuff from the site.

Have many others lost large items too?

Are the police taking some action?

Is there any insurance cover? (I know we have one on our site).

Having the time might well be useful to the police.

Should have said: "I know we have none on our site"

Again - apologies for my error.  :(

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 16:50:28 »
No probs Aden. Thanks for replying. I thought for a moment our luck could change. It seems we all can only leave things in our sheds that we wouldn't be too upset at losing. B.... annoyed though if it happens.

pumkinlover

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 17:38:39 »
RHS insurance does cover sheds, I do not know what would happen if you made a claim, I suspect that they would want proof of good security.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 14:51:10 »
RHS insurance does cover sheds, I do not know what would happen if you made a claim, I suspect that they would want proof of good security.

I bet that would be expensive.... and maybe require special security measures. (Drawbridge, moat, armed guard??)

pumkinlover

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 15:51:31 »
No it's not particularly expensive! but  some of the sheds on our site could be opened by a five year old with a limp cucumber so if one of those plot holders asked me to put a claim in I would be surprised if they got a pay out, but it is just a guess! :-\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 18:23:42 by pumpkinlover »

woodybrown

• Quarter Acre
  • The brat pack
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 20:38:10 »
Got broken into again last night but nothing missing , general opinion is bored kids. Maybe time for a nightwatch then they can have a nice surprise >:( ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 17:57:40 »
A night watchman sounds an interesting idea but you'd have to take great care with any nice surprise.

Remember the little toe-rags will be the first around to run to their mum's and the police if they are threatened or shouted at too loudly.

Take care.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal