Author Topic: plots broken into  (Read 7076 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
plots broken into
« on: July 23, 2012, 21:18:56 »
got an e mail to nighto tell me all the sheds broken into including mine
dont know if they took the rotorvater the mindless bast**d scum bags. they also broke into the concrete site cabin through the roof

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: plots broken into
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 22:11:41 »
on the first day of the school hols,little s###s, very sorry to hear this Jim. Have you been up to check your shed?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 22:14:27 »
 >:( >:( >:(

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 00:52:03 »
on the first day of the school hols,little s###s, very sorry to hear this Jim. Have you been up to check your shed?

Whoever did it needs exporting  >:( but it's quite likely not to be school children if things like rotovators and mowers have vanished.

I do hope you haven't lost too much Jim.  :(

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 11:45:59 »
a plotter next door to my plot says  she is setting up her movement senser  infra red camera on her plot,but i thing its a bit late now..the horse has bolted

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:53:42 »
Our site was broken into this weekend but only things stolen down the back of the plot where there are no houses  >:(
I lost nothing - they probably couldn't get INTO my shed for all the rubbish! but others lost a heap of tools, and some of them were brand new as they were the plot holders who had their sheds arsoned last year  :'(  :'(
So the insurance will be called upon AGAIN...
I wonder what they do with them???
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 12:33:01 »
Our site was broken into this weekend but only things stolen down the back of the plot where there are no houses  >:(
I lost nothing - they probably couldn't get INTO my shed for all the rubbish! but others lost a heap of tools, and some of them were brand new as they were the plot holders who had their sheds arsoned last year  :'(  :'(
So the insurance will be called upon AGAIN...
I wonder what they do with them???

What will happen to the stolen goods:
Carboot sales, Eeeebay, down the pub (Do people still buy knocked off stuff in the pub?  >:(...if there are any pubs left) or passed on to someone who knows someone who wants a cheap something or other.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 15:10:56 »
yep the rotorvator has been nicked
when they broke in they nocked the clock off the shelf and the battery fell out and the clock stopped.....it was 2:20am this was the time of the breakin !!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 01:26:21 »
Oh B*gg*r. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd be using some very bad words and feeling murderous.

What make was the rotovator?
I was wondering how they manage to remove the stuff from the site.

Have many others lost large items too?

Are the police taking some action?

Is there any insurance cover? (I know we have one on our site).

Having the time might well be useful to the police.

harrys dad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:28:10 »
Toerags.   >:(
Mick.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 12:36:17 »
they cut a large hole in the mane entrance gate with bolt cutters, witch they left behind and are now with the police. and broke in every cabin on the site
the total haul was    2 rotovators   2 petrol trimmer's and a large petrol driven shredder
on some plots they kicked in the door, only to find nothing, but doing a lot of damage in the process.
my rotovator was a honda 4 stroke 2 years old and still lke new

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 20:44:11 »
Surely they would have needed a van to move that lot so not someone chancing their arm on a whim.

You didn't by any chance have a serial number for that Honda did you?

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 20:53:40 »

As my flying instructor said about crashing aircraft. 

"There's them that have, and them that's going to".

As soon as the nights start drawing in, the local ne'er do wells will be through the stables and break into our sheds. 

Never take anything down to the allotment you are unwilling to lose.Cheers,    Tony.
 :-X
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 21:56:02 »
Having recently visited a car boot sale I was amazed at the amount of lawn mowers and garden tools for sale. These were usually on one sellers stand. How on earth can one stallholder have so many lawnmowers and cultivators on their pitch. Get your tools marked and if you visit a car boot be vigilant and look out for yours or the rest of your allotment holders goods. It is at times like this when murder is in your mind and you could sit shotgun on your patch. Except most of us are too respectful of the law to do such things.   
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 00:14:14 »
Having recently visited a car boot sale I was amazed at the amount of lawn mowers and garden tools for sale. These were usually on one sellers stand. How on earth can one stallholder have so many lawnmowers and cultivators on their pitch. Get your tools marked and if you visit a car boot be vigilant and look out for yours or the rest of your allotment holders goods. It is at times like this when murder is in your mind and you could sit shotgun on your patch. Except most of us are too respectful of the law to do such things.   

It's almost 100% certain that the tools were stolen to sell on. I'd also not be surprised if they were a gang who moved about your locality or even wider afield stealing the same type of goods from allotment and garden sheds.

Any idea of the total value of good stolen Jim? I should think it must be a fair sum so hopefully the police are taking this seriously.

After our last break-in they arrived to mark all sorts of tools and even did my stainless steel spade for me. The rotovator is usually stored at home.

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 16:55:56 »

It's almost 100% certain that the tools were stolen to sell on. I'd also not be surprised if they were a gang who moved about your locality or even wider afield stealing the same type of goods from allotment and garden sheds.

Any idea of the total value of good stolen Jim? I should think it must be a fair sum so hopefully the police are taking this seriously.

After our last break-in they arrived to mark all sorts of tools and even did my stainless steel spade for me. The rotovator is usually stored at home.

well over a £1000
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 16:57:40 by jimtheworzel »

Dandytown

• Hectare
    • Pumpkins Growing Diary
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 17:10:16 »
yep the rotorvator has been nicked
when they broke in they nocked the clock off the shelf and the battery fell out and the clock stopped.....it was 2:20am this was the time of the breakin !!

They can get up at 2:20am to steal but they can't get up at 9.00 to get a job (or keep a job).  I'm making assumptions I know.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 02:16:30 »

well over a £1000

A serious haul then so I imagine the police are very keen to do their best to catch the little bs..

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 14:29:50 »
I wont hold my breath !!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:46 »