Author Topic: Public Liability Insurance  (Read 9358 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Public Liability Insurance
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:37 »
How come you got a grant when you haven't got insurance, it's been one of the criteria for all the grants we've got? Very confused, Hope you get sorted, being secretary is giving me ulcers and there's no one else who will take over

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 22:24:51 »
oh manics,I struggle with this too....I really would like to resign but no one wants to do the job or even join the committee...hope they do by next year as Im after starting a degree as well as working full time so really really just want to be able to enjoy my plot without all the hassle
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 05:58:45 »
I got bad news and  good news
The bad news is that I have defiantly decided to give up my present plot at the end of the growing season the "Good News" is that followning my interview at another site which is about 200 yds from my back gate I have been offered a plot with water and a shed also the use of a polytunnel. I met some of the guys and they are a great bunch of lads everyone helps each other which is how it should be. They also have several rotavators and strimmers. The other bit of good  news is that on my present plot I`m on a slighty clay soil but on my new plot I`m on real loam which has been culitvated and manured for over forty years. 

Jeanbean

• Half Acre
  • Make the most of today....
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 08:35:50 »
Your new site sounds like paradise. Wish you well with the changeover. :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:12 »
So pleased that you have got yourself aonther plot powerspade. I am sure they will appreciate your entheusiasm for doing things properly
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

pumkinlover

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 09:19:53 »
Sounds like things are on the up for you :D
Best wishes and let us know how you go on.

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 20:27:14 »
I have had a really good look at my new plot its great I have a shed and today I was asked if I would like to buy the 10ft x 8ft greenhouse off the current tenant he is asking £50.00 for it. I have never had a green house in my life before so its a new adventure for me also I have be given 2 cold frames. Can anyone advise me of any books to help me out about growing stuff under glass?. I know that the first thing that I can do is to start off my plants early and get a crop from them when the prices are higher in the shops. I have tonight already planned to grow Tomatoes Cucumbers and Peppers - the thought really got me excited. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning  
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 20:45:43 by powerspade »

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 20:52:53 »
Powerspade lucky you!  Re greenhouse books there's The Greenhouse Expert by Dr.D.G.Hessayon.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 07:24:29 »
I got my first ever greenhouse this year (a gift although I had to erect it and buy some glass). I'm loving it. Be warned though. I was given 3 cucumber plants. They are so prolific I could be eating cucumber every day!!

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2012, 07:36:20 »
As a sec I know how you must feel Powerspade - We have a decent committtee and Chairman and it can still be hard work. I cannot believe that bit about insurance - totally crazy and it's not like it's a ton of cash either.  If there were more like you around life would be much easier!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 08:44:06 »
Well done! That GH is bargan and with the help of the coldframes you have got yourself set up for real production line for next year. You've got sooooooo many more option open now for what to grow and how... ;D
You will need more SEEEEED!  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 09:40:50 »
Nice one it all sounds great, best of British.  ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal