Author Topic: Internet explorer  (Read 1900 times)

susan1

• Half Acre
Internet explorer
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:05:09 »
Can't get Internet explorer to work on my desktop pc which is only about one year old, and running windows 7. wi fi still working as I'm using my iPad to send this, did try to uninstall it but windows message says its trying to fix it but the only way out of it is to switch pc off. Any ideas please?

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Internet explorer
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:11:54 »
Sorry can you be a bit more specific - it sounds like you are losing your internet connection rather than IE not working..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:41:16 »
Don't like IE - I prefer Chrome

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:49 »

retro

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 00:56:03 »
First up, check that you're connected OK.  If you're using wireless, does it say you're connected?  Does anything else work, e.g. another browser, software update or Windows Messenger?  You could try pinging google - open a DOS prompt (type CMD in the search bar on the start menu) and type PING GOOGLE.COM - if one of those works, it's not your Internet connection.

Next, disable your firewall and antivirus temporarily (a lot have a 10 minute disable option).  If you can now connect, then it's blocking it for some reason.  Try checking your rules.

If none of that works, then you probably have a dodgy setting somewhere, or something on your computer that's causing your Internet to stop working.  Update your antivirus and run it, and run an anti spyware programme such as SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes' Anti Malware.

N.B. If another browser works but IE doesn't, it's probably a dodgy setting - in that case, try resetting your browser settings in IE.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal