Author Topic: First tomatoes colouring  (Read 11378 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: First tomatoes colouring
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2012, 17:21:17 »
No signs of colour on any of mine yet.......I just know they are waiting for me to go on holiday..... ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 22:10:31 »
I see signs, the very first signs, a faint change from green and on ferline under shelter but otherwise open. Its a large tomato as well  :)  strillo, small outdoor toms, are quickly getting red now but they only look like snacking toms, not a serious eater at all. I`m being good and waiting for real red before I pick the first one in 2012

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 09:40:26 »
Even after a week of sunshine, my greenhouse tomatoes are still green and most are very tiny.  Some plants didn't put out fruiting spurs until they were three foot tall!  My greenhouse is surrounded by trees though so doesn't get much sun and warmth.  I want to get a new rhino one and put it in the paddock but we haven't had time to dig out the turf and put down footings so it may have to wait until next year.

My outdoor tomatoes were not doing good at all and went a greyish colour in the cold weather and rain.  However, they are looking very healthy now and most have flowers on them. 

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 14:20:59 »
I have had a bowl full of strillo from outside and now have 11 ferline almost red, they are under cover but not a greenhouse as such. I also got three ferline turning orange on outside plants. No sign of alicante turning yet. I am very pleased so far. I did stop all plants after 4 trusses and removed several leaves so the fruit is airy and I am taking any further flowers off as I will be more than happy to get my current crop as it is. It takes 2 months from fruit setting to start of ripening and then another two weeks to ripen and I don`t want green fruits in the second half of september. I am very pleased to have a very good crop of pretty big tomatoes this year
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 14:24:27 by strawberry1 »

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2012, 20:40:05 »
My first eating toms are from Purple Ukraine [in poly] and Lydls cherry toms both indoors and out. GD, Marmande, P Ukraine outside still green and so are Delicious and Amish Paste in the poly.
First cues from own seed also fruiting. One 'crystal lemon' and other a rather pale 'Wautoma', both parents showing from only 2 seeds :)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:32 »
First of my biggies - Pervaya Lyubov, a lovely pink heart and Pink Berkeley Tie Dye- Mmmm  ;D

Ailsa Craig - 1
Galina - 1
Garden Pearl - 1
Gardeners Delight - 2
Giant Navikova - 1
Glacier –  1
Ferline - 1
Kimberley - 1
Latah - 1
Strillo - 1
Sungold - 5
Tigerella - 1
Tumbler – 2
Lidl’s cherry toms – 1
Pervaya Lyubov – 1
Pink Berkeley Tie Dye - 1
Purple Ukraine -  1
Queen of Hearts - 1
Red Alert -1
Roma - 1
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2012, 15:41:46 »
First to ripen for me and one to add to the list is Red Pear - which I am collecting seed from for our 2012 seed collection

Debs

Poolcue

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2012, 17:30:17 »
First allotment tomato is Losetto closely followed by Maskotka.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2012, 19:47:09 »
Amongst others I've had a ripe 556g Yellow Oxheart.. .   :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 16:48:50 »
My Mystery heritage lucky dip plant is starting to change colour, so it looks like that will be as big as its going to get.. And it's not that big I'm afraid .... Lots of minibel and tumbler toms ripened so far though!  ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 18:20:07 »
First black krim today, yum  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal