Author Topic: So, you won the lottery..now what  (Read 7682 times)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
Re: So, you won the lottery..now what
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2012, 21:53:17 »

big garden, big greenhouse and a handman/gardener. oh and can you buy a sun, if you can i'd like one of those too  ;D Twoflower

Fayzie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 22:58:15 »
I would buy a large house with huge gardens and stables, then set up a business running wedding cars and hopefully in the future extend that so that it would involve the horses and carriages and then maybe even involve part of my very 'large' house as a wedding venue.  The gardens would be stunning and I would get main contractors in to do all the hard work then I could keep up the day to day running. 

Above the stables would be apartments that my sisters and her 2 girls could stay in and help with the running of the business (she is accountant, eldest girl and hubby are chefs, youngest loves horses!!)

On the side I would also love to rescue animals!

THAT IS ALL!!! ::)

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 23:55:01 »
10 million

buy my sisters house thats been on the market for nearly 2 year, over the market value and let her get the house she wants

buy my mum a new house - bungalo with a couple of brick doo lofts with lighting and ventilation

buy my dad a house, bungalo and get him a gardener to keep his garden tidy

buy a small holding - couple of big greenhouse, chickens, pigs, geese for me and the wife

buy my sister in laws house, give them the option to stay on or move into a bigger house.

pay for mother/father in laws new kitchen and bathroom

buy a nice family car as im gona be a dad in december, but also something a big more of a work horse for me - pick up or a landrover

set my niece up in business - she is a budding photographer with a awesome eye for detail

the one thing i wouldnt do is give up my day job - reduce my hours yes, but not give it up because i think i would get board.

lol think thats enough for now lol

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:59 »
Sunloving, sending yiu a hug, gosh I wish it could be more.. XX Jeannine XXXXXXXXXXXX extras.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:06 »
Just checked OH's Euromillions and he got 2 numbers, so has won £3.50. So a profit of £1.50 (£2 for the ticket).  Not sure it will make a big change in our life style, but he does seem to have more luck than me, I never even get one number.  ;D ;D ;D
Can't understand people that say they wouldn't like to win a large amount, as could always give most to charities and just keep enough to not have to worry about bills.
Think I would get a new computer as this is slow and freezes up, and probably go to a private dentist to get my teeth done, as NH one keeps telling me about gum disease etc. etc. and private one was much nicer, although I suppose I was paying him to be nice to me.
Take Charlie to the vet to have his fur trimmed, but will do that soon anyway.  Probably give most of it away to children so they could pay off their mortgage, but apart from that would have to have a good think, but don't suppose it will ever happen.
Might splash out on an expensive bottle of perfume, and maybe a new cooker as the oven needs cleaning, I have quite simple tastes really.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 09:02:54 »
maybe a new cooker as the oven needs cleaning, I have quite simple tastes really.
me too  ;D ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 19:15:33 »
Love that cooker idea..mm car needs cleaning, carpet too,I have some clothes that need dry cleaning, shoes need polishing,

Great idea, it is amazing what a bit of extra money could do. I could hire smeone to do it ir replace it.

Come to think about it..I need cleaning..I wonder if I can hire anyone to do me.detail of course ;D ;D

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 20:16:56 »
I bought a ticket and got four numbers - got very excited.  Ended up with £42.   Figured that the permutation of three numbers should have got me £30 so it was only £12 extra for all four.  Felt ripped off.   Decided I was unlikely to 'win' again so haven't bought another ticket.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal