Author Topic: Our Cyril  (Read 5025 times)

pumkinlover

Our Cyril
« on: July 03, 2012, 13:50:03 »
We got Cyril a bantam and his two girls last year.
They live at the bottom of a 130 ft garden and they are locked in at night in a very dark hut and not let until after 8.30 in the week and 9 at weekend.
No-one has complained and we feel that we do our best to be considerate  and minimise the noise he makes.  we live town centre so there is always traffic noise and a lot of noise from the tennis courts at the bottom of the gardens.
Now our neighbour have decided to move round the corner(onto a really busy main road :-\) and are asking me to remove Cyril while they sell the house and then bring him back ???

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: Our Cyril
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 13:56:29 »
that is just stupid

I would either tell him where to go

or

You could offer to put Cyril in a the shed when they have a viewing due if you are around

Thats as far as i would go really, i mean what if they took 8 months to sell the house!!!

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 14:01:35 »
I think thas is a good idea Notts_Phil, it would look like we were willing to compromise but I just think it would be unrealistic to move him away then when new neighbours come bring him back. Plus we have no where to take him without causing other people problems.

Mind you some people dropped in on them yesterday to ask to view and stayed for FIVE hours!!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 14:03:07 by pumpkinlover »

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 14:04:19 »
I think thas is a good idea Notts_Phil, it would look like we were willing to compromise but I just think it would be unrealistic to move him away then when new neighbours come bring him back. Plus we have no where to take him without causing other people problems.

Mind you some people dropped in on them yesterday to ask to view and stayed for FIVE hours!!!!

Quite

Just offer the above and nothing else, hopefully it will be sold asap

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 14:24:24 »
Find out when they have a viewing and get a tonne of fresh manure delivered. I never did get the hang of this diplomacy lark!  :P

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 14:32:02 »
Oh you are cheering me up no end!! ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 15:04:07 »
To be honest it's a bit of a cheek!  You are both going to be around when the new neighbours move in and if they really are bothered by their neighbour having chooks, I feel this could blow up in your face (and probably for the seller too). Imagine if you bought a house and then suddenly once you have bought it a rooster appears!!! You will look a bit dishonest it seems to me.
Personally I like farmyard noises but imagine someone moves in who then hassles you day and night over Cyril? You may regret having hidden him away!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 15:09:32 »
That's worrying me too as we would like to get on with the new neighbours. We know that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but there's so much other noise round here.
I feed the wild birds as well and the Blackbird sings from 4 am hours before Cyril wakes up! maybe I should  stop feeding the birds  ::)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 19:01:19 »
Ignore them. I can't stand people like that.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 19:36:23 »
I think it woild be a bit naughty to pretend that you haven't got a cockerel and then  just spring it on the new neighbours when they arrive. Much better to have some chook lovers buy the house anyway
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 19:45:23 »
I think it woild be a bit naughty to pretend that you haven't got a cockerel and then  just spring it on the new neighbours when they arrive. Much better to have some chook lovers buy the house anyway

Actually quite true really and if they like chickens and see you have some they might get some to!!

pumkinlover

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 19:47:57 »
That would be my dream Shirley! and notts_phil

we are really lucky with the other neighbour she is lovely and we look after her dog and she looks after the chickens for us.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 19:50:35 »
Cheeky fecker, as said sold as seen, because he wants to deceive would be buyers it doesn't mean you have to do the same.    :(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 19:51:11 »
I see you are only up the road Pumpkin lover

I used to live in Eckington in my Pre Allotment days, in fact was a rather long time ago!!

pumkinlover

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 20:08:46 »
Ah you are still a near neighbour Phil!

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 07:29:30 »
Cheeky fecker, as said sold as seen, because he wants to deceive would be buyers it doesn't mean you have to do the same.    :(

Makes one wonder what other stuff they are keeping from the would be buyers
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:41 »
Having consulted the council, and done a bit of internet research we decided to check our deeds (just to check that we are allowed) We already do all the recommended things to minimise effect on the neighbours.

This lead to the "where are our deeds?" conversation.

Hm mm. looked in all the place we might have put them-no deeds but found the copy of the wills.
So are they with the building society or with the solicitors?

So I get the wills and telephone the first number on the headed letter- no reply just an answer phone.
Try the second number and the line is dead ???

this starts to worry us as they have our wills and probably the deeds, so I check the telephone directory and no mention of the solicitors.
Next step is to google the address of the solicitors and find that it is now an accountant! Anyway I telephone the accountant firm and am told that the solicitors have been taken over by another firm. ???

Well that's nice to know :( :( :(

So a  few phone calls later and a copy of the lease is heading our way and we at least know where our wills are!!! But honestly, it does seem poor practise, we are always being told "make a will" so when you do it gets bunged from one firm to another without you even knowing.

Cyril is totally ignorant of all this of course and is not mentioned in the will at all as we do hope to outlive him!

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 08:50:44 »
You can obtain a copy of your deeds for A couple of squid online from the land registry site and down load them.

pumkinlover

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:59 »
Thanks N_P, I think that is what the solicitors are doing but they said it would only be  a few quid so I thought I'd let them do the work!

pumkinlover

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 15:19:13 »
We got our deeds and advice from the solicitors and there is nothing to stop us having chickens. :)
Waiting for the bill now :(
Despite this Cyril has been taken back to where we got him from and the nice guy is looking after him until the situation has improved. I won't go into details about why we decided to take him back, I know he will be happy where he is at the moment- he has three ladies to lavish his affections on and I hope we to have him back where he belongs soon.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal