Author Topic: Worked like a navvy!  (Read 1662 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Worked like a navvy!
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:35:13 »
Lord, I went down the lotty yesterday ostensibly to pick some peas and potatoes and eneded up down there for 3 and a half hours!!! I got terribly sunburnt in the process  ::)

I did pick peas and potatoes :) But also planted out cucumbers, pumpkins, PSB, swiss chard, pulled out a barrowful of weeds, picked all my gooseberries that were ready (1.5 kilos) and an armful of rhubarb  ;D  ;D  ;D
OH went mad, but when he finally came down to reclaim the car keys, he was impressed by my hard work lol! The garden is pretty much overgrown, with all the rain we have had by the onions are huge, the potatoes too, the runner beans are covered in scarlet blossoms, and all the recently sowed seeds are up EVEN the carrots (my bugbear).

Did anyone else break their back over the WE? Today I am soooooo sore everywhere.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

jonny211

• Acre
Re: Worked like a navvy!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:13:44 »
I got terribly sunburnt in the process  ::)

Did anyone else break their back over the WE? Today I am soooooo sore everywhere.

Sunburnt? What is this sun thing you speak of?

I did however get me back broken, hosting my sons 5th birthday I was bundled by 8 or so urchins and given quite a pasting.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Worked like a navvy!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58:51 »
Sunburnt? What is this sun thing you speak of?

I did however get me back broken, hosting my sons 5th birthday I was bundled by 8 or so urchins and given quite a pasting.

;D ;D ;D
Only thing that molested me was the gooseberry bush, the spiny bardstard.
Today of course it has gone back to overcast but still warm  :(  but on Sunday it was really bright and I just forgot that it was actually summer and that suncream would have been a good idea!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal