Author Topic: Very advanced warning... seed swap in Swindon late January 2013  (Read 2461 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
One for the diary of Swindonites and other that live nearby...

THe annual potato day organised by SALGA (Swindon Allotment and leisure Gardens Association)  and Pennard Plants will feature a seed swap.

I intend to take along some of my self-saved shelling bean seeds, and the guy from Pennards (he gave a talk to the Association last week) expressed an interest in the Blue Russian seedling I grew last year that I call Russian Blush, outside the vascular ring it is white, inside the vascular ring it's a pastel pink colour....  I'll have to clear that with Jayb I suppose....

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Very advanced warning... seed swap in Swindon late January 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 23:53:30 »
The potato day is certainly on my radar and I will hopefully have something to swap. Beans doing very poorly this year so very few varieties on the go.  Only Mrs Lewis is all systems go.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:59:44 »
I'll have to clear that with Jayb I suppose....

Thank you for thinking of me but they are yours. I was gifted the original tubers which have brought me much pleasure and in turn I've been able to pass along their TPS to others. It's just lovely reading about how they are doing thank you  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07:37 »
Do you have a date for this yet as I'd like to pass this on.

Thanks

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 17:21:24 »
I'll have to clear that with Jayb I suppose....

Thank you for thinking of me but they are yours. I was gifted the original tubers which have brought me much pleasure and in turn I've been able to pass along their TPS to others. It's just lovely reading about how they are doing thank you  :)

Just hope they've survived the blight.... Jayblu seems quite susceptible but might well be an early of some description..... also will find out what it's liek as a slug attractant this year as my Lady Chrstl have been devastated by the d**n things....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal