Author Topic: slugs  (Read 1821 times)

susan1

• Half Acre
slugs
« on: July 03, 2012, 23:25:47 »
this evening in the pouring rain, i had to go out  and water the greenhouse, cos of a medical problem hubby bless him insisted on filling the watering cans (still got a hose pipe ban) and he saw loads of slugs on the lawn, and he  went back in doors to get some salt to put on them. when i had done in the greenhouse i looked at some of the slugs and noticed that they appeared to have shed their skins and had slid away. Is this normal, i thought salt killed them.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: slugs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 00:19:27 »
Which water company still has a ban?  We seem to have water coming out of our ears.

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 00:38:26 »
It's veolia, they say they are still short of water >:(

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 22:29:20 »
In what way is this country short of water!!!!???? Even when areas are dry, there are plenty others that are wet and have excess.

You guys down south really need to tell the water companies to shove it up their flaming backsides. Withhold your dues on a mass scale and then maybe they'll fix the pipes instead of paying massive bonuses to the rear-end-orifices that direct them for providing abyssmal service. Wrong type of rain, my bum (It is getting hard not to swear on this rant). Wrong type of management. Wrong type of infrastructure. Water works in a similar way to electricity for distribution by pipe. We should have a "wet national grid".

Still, Scotland has plenty water - we can sell you some ;)

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 00:19:29 »
I do agree with you gordonmull, but me as a person can't do much bout it >:( see helicopters fly over frequently during the day and have heard that's one way they catch hosepipe users

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal