Author Topic: Toad!  (Read 2643 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Toad!
« on: February 12, 2005, 15:36:57 »
Can you see him?  just about I guess.  Fat happy toad in our pond this fine sunny day!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: Toad!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 15:47:17 »
Got some in my pond too Emma, playing mummy's and daddy's. :-[  Hopefully will get some spawn, if the goldfish dont eat it all.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 17:25:18 »
I can't believe this weather, it's been like a very mild April here today 10°C in the night and above that today. no wonder the wild life is getting frisky :o

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 18:58:18 »
Lovely to see your toads EmmaJ.  Still no signs of anything in our pond.  Supposed to be having a cold spell over the weekend, so perhaps they are holding off until that is over with.   You can't miss the sound when they start though as it reverbarates all over the garden.   Know what you mean Mimi as it looks like a Roman orgy with all that writhing going on in the water .  busy_lizzie   
live your days not count your years

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 10:57:34 »
Ooo - you've reminded me, Mr Aqui found a tiny little toad when he was tidying up the proposed veg patch extension on Saturday. He was moved (the toad, not Mr Aqui) to the compost bin for warmth and safety.

I would be really happy if they spawn in my pond!
gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 23:34:28 »
I have a question about toady, and my pond really, I suppose it should be in the pond section, but it is kinda toad related.....ramble on Emma!

We need to 'dredge' the winter sludge from the pond, we are going to make a tight fitting net cover for it possibly next weekend to keep the leaves out - frogs and toads will still be able to get in and out via the stream, but the main body of water will be covered.  Anyhow, my question is, I don't want to start churning up the pond and disturbing sleepy amphibians.  Should I leave this job for a few more months or are our slimey chums out and about by now and looking for a passion palace?

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 17:06:53 »
Just seen a huge toad in one of our ponds.  Can only think they know  that winter is now over and it is safe to start the mating process.  Looking forward to the toad/frog music in the garden now and lots of frog spawn.  Makes me feel as though spring really is on its way ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal