Author Topic: Full Smith Period  (Read 1829 times)

betula

• Hectare
Full Smith Period
« on: June 02, 2012, 21:45:32 »
Just had an email from Blightwatch  :(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Full Smith Period
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 21:58:34 »
Here, too wn2  :-\

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 00:13:27 »
Yes same here  ::) :-\
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 00:33:14 »
I certainly had one and maybe two alerts way back a month or more ago when it was unusually warm and damp but I'm not getting in a flap. Hopefully it'll be early blight if anything develops at this time of year.

Cool and relaxed I'm going to be  8) Can't be doing with worrying about Smiths Periods this early in the growing season.

Now signs of blackly are altogether a different matter...... rotten little blighters. I blame the ants!!  >:(

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 17:34:41 »
A lot depends on what happened the previous season. It tends to be endemic on allotment sites because people don't recognise it (they always think it's 'just rotting') and don't cut the foliage back or root out their accidentals, which carry it from the previous year. After those two very wet summers a few years back, late blight was appearing regularly in June on my site. I'm hoping that after last year's drought there's going to be a lot less of it, as I saw very little last year.

strawberry1

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 19:19:15 »
I get the weatheraction paid forecast and we are due for some very humid periods in june, in between cold episodes and worse. Prime times for smith periods are ahead I am very glad that I don`t have to think about maincrop potatoes but tomatoes are another matter.

Going to be tricky growing conditions this year and those blasted blackfly are a real pain in the arris. I have been blasting them this evening and have snipped all the broadbean tops. Ladybirds just can`t keep up with them

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 20:16:06 »
Worked in the rain today and the humidity was bad.Be a miracle if we don't gt an attack,all the spuds on the site
looking so good too.

Fell over on a muddy patch so got the grumps now. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal