Author Topic: Save Our Sheds  (Read 13507 times)

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
Re: Save Our Sheds
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 10:35:04 »
The land owner is going to appeal, but there is a lot of political stuff behind the scenes of the decision.  Lots of people who shouldn't be involved are, and it all stems from a couple of people with an agenda.  The needs of the many are not important.

I love this quote I found;

"It seems LPA's would far rather react to complaints from those who do not want change over the wealth of benefits to be derived by allowing and helping such schemes.
Planning urgently needs to consider how the countryside is used, It is not just the playground of the casual viewer or a museum piece for conservation and preservation. It is an industrial place where the growing of foods should be both encouraged and promoted."

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 10:44:40 »
Find out which politico body/person is supporting the sheds and team up with them, twitter is invaluable for this.
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 11:00:52 »
"Having looked at cases which have sometimes unnecessarily gone to appeal thanks to 'enthusiastic' planners it seems that as long at they are easily moved, no solid concrete base (slabs are OK) a small 6X4 tool shed or a polytunnel less than 3m in height will more than likely not require planning permission, the problems only arise when the planning department has a certain kind of 'culture', if you know what I mean."

Oh, I know what he means.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 13:23:25 »
I've just looked at your online petition again and see that it only has 210 signatures.  Would it be worthwhile trying to 'push' it a bit on Facebook, or is there no hope now?  (I mean on my Facebook page)
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 13:30:13 »
Anything that can make the numbers grow can only help.

I'm a little disappointed by the initial response myself.  People kept liking or sharing the link to the petition on Facebook, but not actually signing the bloody thing.

Petitions on their own are essentially useless, because the council just assume that everyone who hasn't signed is against it.

I would love to know how much the council has spent on this, they were regularly photographing all the sheds on the site.

The only thing they will achieve if they succeed is to make fewer people want the allotments, and to make those that are there less well tended.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 13:43:55 »
I've just looked at your online petition again and see that it only has 210 signatures.  Would it be worthwhile trying to 'push' it a bit on Facebook, or is there no hope now?  (I mean on my Facebook page)

Sounds a very good idea to me  ;)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 15:54:22 »

Surely it should be only the people who live in the area?  Happy to sign though if it will help.

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 20:47:20 »
It's the principle as much as the specific for me.  A paper version has been around the village and has a few hundred signatures.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 21:07:19 »

Surely it should be only the people who live in the area?  Happy to sign though if it will help.

Locals only to sign? Maybe but I think a wider audience would reflect common sense just as well.

Hazelb

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:15 »
Can you get the council to define what constitutes a 'shed that requires planning permission' . Then put something else up...if they conpain again you can clearly state that it isn't what they defined as a 'shed. that requires planning permission'

You could also ask them to serve enforcement notices on all people in the village who have garden sheds...thay may make them think twice about future action.

Parish council? Your local councillor? what do they say?

Have you contacted local news teams?...they like a David and Goliath stories.... maybe even more so as growing your own is so much in vogue now.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 10:57:33 »

You could also ask them to serve enforcement notices on all people in the village who have garden sheds...thay may make them think twice about future action.

Now that would be an interesting angle to persue.... especially via the local or national press!

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 22:56:23 »
Hi all, just heard that our appeal against the enforcement notice for removal of sheds from our allotments has been upheld.

Sheds are allowed on allotments.

Thanks to anyone who signed or shared the petition.

Woo, and indeed, hoo!

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 01:37:51 »
Brilliant news - delighted to hear that common sense prevails!

Now, surely, it must be time for a shed warming party.  :occasion16:

pumkinlover

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:12 »
Good news. What a relief!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal