Author Topic: Amber..  (Read 12941 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Amber..
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 07:55:39 »
Penny just dropped...she is going through false pregnancy..
Ohh..bugger...I think is time to have serious chat with hubby who don't like to have her 'done' and get this this sorted.
I've been busy of keeping eye on her for other possible girly problems as we once nearly lost our other girl for pyometra..its left me almost obsessive about it and keep looking for signs for it with Amber.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 08:20:42 »
All of our terriers before her have been 'normal' eaters..yes..I'm trying hard to be THE BOSS.. after listening a squeeling tummy for a while makes even me feel funny.
I suspect she is always going to 'different' in that way..it just sometimes become so frustrating thing..most simple thing to do...EAT..and yet it can be so difficult thing to do at times...

Does her tummy make loud gurgling sounds? How does she behave when this is going on?
I have to go out now, but I'll write more when I get back.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 08:43:49 »
Her tummy make high pitched squealing noises..just like mine would if I would have empty tummy. Behaviour wise..well, she just sniff her food and start attempting to bury her food straight away..making 'scraping the earth' movements on the floor with her nose around the bowl. When I opened the door for her to garden, she took piece of toast that she refused to eat with her and buried it away. Some piece of meat from the bowl she has picked up and dropped on floor.
She has now had half a boiled egg with me and little bit of cheese..and noises have finally as well as the dog, calmed down.

Yes..it is the false pregnancy thing...her tummy and  other 'bits' are swollen too..
When you put collar and lead on to go to walk, she turn into totally different beast..no sign of any funny business and she is lively creature again... :icon_cheers: I wonder if I put collar and lead on if she would eat in a hurry too... :icon_cheers:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 10:00:38 »
Have you had her checked out at the vets Goodlife?  She may have swallowed something that is still in her throat or stomach.  She will go downhill if she is not eating properly.  Better safe than sorry!

How old is Amber?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 13:41:22 »
Have you had her checked out at the vets Goodlife?  She may have swallowed something that is still in her throat or stomach.  She will go downhill if she is not eating properly.  Better safe than sorry!
How old is Amber?
We haven't been in vets..yet..but we are due to go soon for her booster anyway. I'm not so worried that she is ill or having something in her throat or tummy as she does eat and haven't lost any weight neither...she is just even more selective about what she will eat than usual. When she gets into that mood it really gets to me...it would be for her own good to eat rather than go hungry but she can be soooo stubborn about it.  Now that I realize what it is all about..I feel so sorry for her..it is plenty of cuddles and sympathy for her until she is over it again.
Oh..and she is nearly 4 :icon_cheers:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 23:45:56 »
I've been reading some old posts and was reminded all the 'issues' we were going through over year ago.
Well...they are now solved and it was all due to her hormones...they were all over the place and we had to put her on treatment to settle it all down and once we knew what stage of 'cycle' she was going on, she was spayed. All food and mood issues stopped there and then....now she is proper 'tom boy' and we've got playful little girl back...she is like different 'beast'  :icon_cheers:
Managed to get her with camera when she was having one of those 'deep in her thoughts' moments.. :drunken_smilie:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 23:51:26 by goodlife »

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 10:43:36 »
Glad all that has gone away after her op. A friend is just going through grief (her male dog and her daughter's male dog causing injury biting each other fighting over her) because her op hasn't worked  and there was still hormone producing tissue left inside her after spaying.  Happy that Amber is herself again.

She looks such a sophisticated and cheeky sweetie.  Please give her a pat from me.   :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:59 »
So pleased to hear that she is now better. 

How is your other dog doing; the one that you were rehoming in July and therefore couldn't make the A4A get together?  Any pictures please?

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2014, 10:58:00 »
She does look very relaxed and lost in her thoughts, perhaps chasing bunnies or thinking what's for dinner?  :happy7:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:30 »
So pleased to hear that she is now better. 

How is your other dog doing; the one that you were rehoming in July and therefore couldn't make the A4A get together?  Any pictures please?

There is no other dog....we were 'vetted' for being suitable, all ready to 'rumble' and in last minute the foster 'mum' decided she could not part with the dog. We were offered some alternatives, but they were not what we were after. I wasn't very amused at the time...
Then several weeks later we got call from the charity, they were asking if we were still interested of the dog!!!!??? :BangHead: But we didn't like 'sound of that' so declined from the offer.
It took some while to work the 'grape vine' to find out what went off with the foster mum...but she though that dog was perfect company for existing rescue dog ..she just didn't take count that this dog was much more energetic than her original 'lap dog'...basically she couldn't cope with that dog's energy levels. But in good note, they found forever home for the little one, and she is now in home where there is lot of fields and couple of similar kind of whippet like dogs to run with.
Since then we've kind of kept radar on for something suitable and Amber does like to have friends around. She has couple of 'chaps' that come to stay with her for their holidays.. :drunken_smilie:..but these things are meant to happen so until then we've decided not to do any dog 'hunting'...somebody will come along and ask us again for a rescue..and until then, Amber will receive my undivided attention. Lol..THE ONE that has escaped upstairs out of way and is in deep sleep where she knows she is not supposed be...!! Oh well...I'm sure hubby is not bothered few dog hairs on his pillow.... :icon_cheers: :evil6:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:11:54 by goodlife »

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:40 »
That's very sad and disappointing after getting everything prepared for your new arrival. 

It sounds as though Amber knows the most comfortablest place to be!

pumkinlover

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 13:35:48 »
Glad Amber is a happy dog again :happy7:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2014, 14:10:55 »
Lady of the house must been in happy mood as she took me for proper walk for change..must be the sun that got to her.. :sunny:
But she nearly spoiled it all by taking that box with big eye with her. No matter how much I did dash around, it was always staring at me.
First I had to check the field for competition...
Yayyy...water!...I love water!...and if I get the lead wet it might get bit softer too......
I AM going to come through the deepest part of the puddle...that's the point of it all!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 14:59:35 by goodlife »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2014, 14:14:59 »
Then we went to another field....hmmm... I wonder if I trick her...would she find me?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2014, 14:18:13 »
I then decided the lead was sufficiently wet and actually it was quite easy job to chew through.. and she through I was playing with her... :evil6:
I had moment of freedom but then she got mad at me and I had to come back and had that darn lead tied up to my harness again...DAMMIT! :BangHead:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 14:22:16 by goodlife »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 14:21:44 »
All in all I had quite fun...we had couple of hours activity. No matter how hard I tried..I just could not hide away from her???
Other than the lead....what gave me away?

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 17:33:42 »
I think you both had great fun.  It was a good day for a long walk in good company.  Enjoy a nice evening warming up and drying out in front of the fire.  Amber is lovely, a real character.   :toothy10:

pumkinlover

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2014, 17:57:03 »
Glad it was nice and sunny it looks like Amber enjoyed it very much. I did a bit of doggy walking at RSPCA this afternoon but it was very windy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal