Author Topic: Amber..  (Read 12934 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Amber..
« on: June 06, 2012, 09:45:34 »
..taking in some morning air.. ;D
[attachment=1]

..yes, camera fingers been busy this morning.. ;D

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Amber..
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:59 »
Oh she is so cute!!! What beautiful flowers you have. She seems to be sniffing the perfumed air!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52:43 »

Lovely photo.
   June.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:20 »
Aww..thanks.. ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:26:46 »
Lovely photo and garden and dog!
(If I'd takent that one I'd have saved it for the next competition!)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 16:52:00 »
Yes lovely picture, she just looks so happy and content there, taking it all in  ;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 17:30:06 »
Somebody was sneaky other morning..while I went to shower, that somebody jumped into bed and kept my place warm.. ::)
[attachment=1]...and she got court in action.. ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 18:18:52 »
Someone likes her comfort!!!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 19:19:18 »
What a lovely expression! 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 19:40:25 »
That 'someone' has turned out to be a 'pea monster'.. ::) Looks like next year I have to grow much more pea as I'm having to share my pleasure...once she can hear first pod being popped open, she won't leave me alone until they've all gone. Every pod I'm pulling apart into two halves and she is having the other half ::)...carefully nibbling each out, one at the time.. ;D

Sharing one's pea pods is called true love.. ;) ;D

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 22:13:04 »
Funny how dogs like things like peas! mine did and carrots infact the only thing  she  did not like was mushrooms and pasta!
But  to share your own peas definitely is true love!!

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Amber has new friend!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:12:55 »
We've got another dog!!! We've wanted friend for Amber for some time now. It all still a bit of unsure how these two get on with each other but what has gone on today...so far so good! :toothy10:
For obvious reasons we call her Snowy. She is only a little puppy..some sort of terrier cross. White with coal black eyes and nose. I think she could be some sort of westie cross. Very calm for a puppy..already sit on demand and good on the lead  :toothy10:
I'm afraid to say and feel bit guilty to saying this, but this puppy is already behaving better than Amber..we might have striked gold with this little one  :icon_cheers:
HAAAPPY DAYS!

I'll try to post some photos soon...I've got some sort of trouble with my camera..in all the photos. that I've taken so far, Snowy doesn't quite look 'right'..must be the white coat and and all the snow outside that reflect light funny way.. :glasses9:
Bare with me...nearly there..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:17:06 by goodlife »

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Amber's new friend
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 09:15:35 »
Here we are..the new 'kid on the block'

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 09:34:17 »
Fantastic, she looks lovely though her expression is a little frosty   :toothy10:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

pumkinlover

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 18:05:54 »
Here we are..the new 'kid on the block'

Awww.......she could melt your heart!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 20:56:15 »
Well..there is definitely some sort of tention going on between new 'friends'...they are staring each others through window..sadly Snowy is doomed to be outdoor guard doggy for now on...no melting hearts between those two...more of frosty moments.

:tongue3: I wonder if I could get a cat tommorrow... :toothy10:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 07:27:02 »
 :BangHead: we are not having 'good' time with her at the moment. Old food issues have surfaced again :BangHead:
Amber wasn't really fed with dog food in her first home and it took ages for us to find out what she would eat. She has never turn down our food and is very partial for biscuits, toast and chips :BangHead:..that sort of sums it up.
But we eventually found out that she doesn't like gelly or gravy with her meat..she will eat soaked dog biscuits if I'm about to give them to chickens (she actually tells me and chickens off for eating her biccies..not me eating them but giving them away). She has few different sorts of tin food that she usually eats and we haven't had issues for a good year now.
Few weeks ago we had another dog here for a weekend and Amber was eating anything and everything..it was similar kind of terrier than her and with food issues too..what that other dog didn't eat, Amber polished it off.
Now all of a sudden she is back being 'funny eater' again. I can't get her to eat much anything at all.. :BangHead: Her tummy is screaming for food but she just try to carry her food outside and bury it..or pretending to bury in kitchen. Even toast is not going down..she just lick the butter off and leaves the bread.
I really don't know what to do with her. If I start giving her treat food.. she definately won't eat 'normal' food after that. I know she is not 'ill' or have swallowing or teeth problems as cheese, sausage and fish is something that she won't say no..or any other meat (part dog food)..she will eat bit of egg. I usually feed her with tinned dog food and/or some or 'our food' left overs..veg, bit of potato and some meat. Last night we went through more and less fridge to find out what she would eat to shut her tummy up...and she ended up having few spoonfulls of greek yogurt and crust from my toast :BangHead:
She is definitely showing her stubborn Russell side of her..but I'm not going to start cooking food for a dog..I'm not even cooking food for myself every day. As much as I lover her..my dog is not going to be fed better than its owner :BangHead:
Last terrier we had ate anything and everything..this one..well she is very choosy madam indeed.
Any ideas??
 I need a  :coffee2:..we've just gone through an hour of food 'throwing' and she is now back in her bed sulking when her latest cuddling attempts didn't soften me up to part with my breakkie. Her food is in her bowl...and all over the floor...

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:11 »
Here is Amber with her friend (the other one with food issues)... they've collapsed on front of fire after hard day's play :icon_cheers:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:32:29 by goodlife »

pumkinlover

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:24 »
I'm sorry , cannot help.
I've had two dogs a lab cross and a Terrier. both loved their food.
You have to be boss though!

Great photos!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:34:14 by pumpkinlover »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 07:39:17 »
All of our terriers before her have been 'normal' eaters..yes..I'm trying hard to be THE BOSS.. after listening a squeeling tummy for a while makes even me feel funny.
I suspect she is always going to 'different' in that way..it just sometimes become so frustrating thing..most simple thing to do...EAT..and yet it can be so difficult thing to do at times...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal