Author Topic: Happy Jubilee weekend  (Read 6795 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Happy Jubilee weekend
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 05:25:38 »
I am so envious of you all, there is zilch here..lovely photos and super little lanterns and a cake to be proud of.

You know I could do with a good street party too.

and yes, may the good Lord continue to Bless the Queen

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:30 »
Happy jubilee weekend to all.
Fabulous cake and bunting!

I love anything that brings the community together. My street is a horrible place and no bunting but mine is up, but ill be spending tommorow at my parents and neighbours house having a big do. Ive made 2 quiches and 6 jubilee hats this is mine celebrating 60 years of coronation chicken my favorite sandwich filling!
we are also celebrating 60 years since the structure of DNA was deciphered and all sorts.
hope the rain drys up for a fab day. x sunloving

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 10:28:46 »
My familt went to Hyde park yesterday and really enjoyed thereselves, they're off to see the ships today.   :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 10:56:31 »
Pouring of rain here but we will all be going into the cathedral...........right on our street LOL  ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:07 »
Pouring down here as well, I'm off to where the prayer books have handles on.. ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 13:38:57 »
Will be on my own today but I am enjoying the TV coverage. The Nursing Home in Kent where my sister is are organising a sort of 'street party' on Tuesday with food, entertainment and they hope to get the entire home's residents, staff and visitors joining in a good old sing song of the old songs. Some of the folk are very ill including my sister but lets hope it brightens their day.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2012, 15:21:54 »
Saw the strangest thing.......nearly every inch of the cathedral floor was covered by people sitting having picnics.

Live music and stalls ,including alcohol LOL.

Back now watching the TV and it is still raining  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 15:38:46 »
Raining here and watching it on the tele with daughter No1
OH got there OK and are right near the screen so they shouldn't miss too much.  :)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 17:25:41 »
Watched the boat jobbies for a while with the sound off.
Biggest giggle was the dew drop on the end of Phil the Greek's conk. He didn't wipe it away but Chas did when he got one. Looked cold out on that river. Then it p*ssed down.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 17:30:33 »
Well it's been worth it to see what Jeanine looks like!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:27 »
It's as good an excuse as any to have a bit of a party, with all the ambient doom and gloom. My husband as a French republican type laughs at me as I support the Queen but I feel that, even if some say she's a scrounger, they wouldn't take her place for anything, as her life's not her own. She is to me the symbol of history and tradition and of a certain neutrality, a sort of guarantee of a dignified head of state. She works bl**dy hard, I think, people think she sits on her bum all day, but I think she has incredible knowledge of world affairs, and I am sure that each of her days is full of engagements of one sort or another.
She has served her country with a lot of devotion for a long time and I think we should be very proud of her. She also looks marvellous for her age!
Happy Jubilee your majesty!

(Also I remember her silver jubilee!!! which now makes me feel quite old!!!)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 10:06:20 »
It's as good an excuse as any to have a bit of a party, with all the ambient doom and gloom. My husband as a French republican type laughs at me as I support the Queen but I feel that, even if some say she's a scrounger, they wouldn't take her place for anything, as her life's not her own. She is to me the symbol of history and tradition and of a certain neutrality, a sort of guarantee of a dignified head of state. She works bl**dy hard, I think, people think she sits on her bum all day, but I think she has incredible knowledge of world affairs, and I am sure that each of her days is full of engagements of one sort or another.
She has served her country with a lot of devotion for a long time and I think we should be very proud of her. She also looks marvellous for her age!
Happy Jubilee your majesty!

(Also I remember her silver jubilee!!! which now makes me feel quite old!!!)

Well said......... without a monarch we could have had one lots of those president characters and just look at the bother they've caused across the globe!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 11:25:05 »
We aren't celebrating here........too much work to do. 

Over this weekend we have had to empty the lounge of everything and hubbie is now busy removing our large Bradstone fire place, surround and hearth.  It's a very messy job.  He has also had to lay cables over the roof to the satellite so we can receive TV reception in another room as a temporary measure. 

We are having a wood burner installed on Wednesday and will probably take the opportunity of decorating the lounge now that the furniture is out.   ;D ;D

Our village is having a street party today but we won't be going.  I don't get that excited about royalty anyway. 

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 11:54:43 »
Think they should have given the Queen a coat as I was cold watching it on TV with the heating on, and she looked very smart, perhaps she was wearing long johns underneath.  She is wonderful for her age to stand all that time, I would have sat down with my woolly hat, gloves and walking coat on, and I am a lot younger than her.  Hope she didn't catch a cold. No street parties round here, but I did do a nice roast dinner.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 16:16:13 »
Tomorrow I am having a Jubilee tea with my daughter's all things red. white. and blue. and after the week end I have just had, I can't wait for a drop of the old Champage. here's to The Queen.
   June.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 21:01:12 »
Yippee we got the TV coverage. She deserves a medal and so does Phillip for standing all that time.

She certainly has devoted her life to her country, and is still doing so. I wonder how many folk could or indeed would do that, whatever the perks mey be she is a very special woman.

It was good to see our Dragon Boat there with the ladies paddling, all cancer survivors.Well done ladies

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 01:38:56 »
It certainly was a brilliant show for the public / nation and a well deserved tribute to our Queen & Prince Phillip.

I caught the tail end of the tv broadcast as my 92 year old mum stayed up to watch it passed her normal bedtime. My father, on the other hand, wandered off to bed but he is 5 years older than my mother so we'll forgive him for turning in early.  ;)

Mrs Roller and I had our own "beacon" burning at the far end of the garden saying goodbye to 6 large fir trees that the neighbour said we could cut down to give more light to our developing veg patch.... maybe we'll call it the Jubilee Garden in HM's honour.   :)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 23:35:44 »
Went to the village stalls at the field behind the copse, so many crafts, plants and charities to support plus the school children putting on events and local bands playing from 1pm until 5pm.

The sports club on the hill was the next venue, childrens' races, welly wanging, tombola and they put the concert live on loudspeakers across the field.

The last port of call was our Glebe field for the lighting of the beacon and fireworks.

You know when you have a community when you see all those people coming together.

Our Queen brings us together and for that we thank you.

Ninny

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal