Author Topic: Which compost to buy?  (Read 15905 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Which compost to buy?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 09:42:07 »
This year I have used a 50L bag of MiracleGrow, Grow Your Own Compost for £4.99 at our local Clockhouse Nursery, its seems very good and the very few twiggy bits it does have get placed at the bottom of the pot for extra drainage.   ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 11:26:40 »
Hi Sunloving, so sorry you are having the same trouble as me trying to find a decent compost :(
Cornykev thanks for the info on the MiracleGrow, will look into any suppliers near me as I can't seem to find any of the Erin.
xJane

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:38 »
Bought some from Morrisons yesterday , quite woody, had to seive it to sow seeds

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 12:05:38 »
I'm a Clover girl myself ;D, thanks again Manic. If you go to the Clover site they have a contact number & have several distribution depots through out the Country, one on the Wirral so should supply local places I should think. I've found it to be super stuff year on year unlike JAB, B&Q even with the Which best buy logo & a duff 3 bags of Erin last year which they compensated me for ;D.

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 13:15:42 »
i buy westlands  multipurpose been using it for years no complaints at all  its suitable for seed sowing  though to potting on and at  £ 10 for two 140 litres bags

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 13:57:31 »
I'm now seriously considering using grow bags to fill my 1m by 1m plastic raised beds as all my local garden centres etc won't deliver compost & I don't drive :-\
As I have very bad arthritis in my knees I just can't risk lifting huge bags into a friend's car so collecting it myself is impossible.
I haven't been able to find any suppliers where I live for a lot of the composts that have been suggested so far & the ones I have found won't deliver....it is becoming very frustrating to say the least!

Has anyone used Wilkinson grow bags before? They will deliver loads for under £5 & are only £1.48 each for 27 litres so a very cheap option. I was thinking of using the grow bag contents to part fill each bed then topping up with a better quality product such as Miraclegro (mainly because I should be able to lift the 50L bags in & out of a car boot)
Thanks Jane

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal