Author Topic: Do you think 24 will be enough...................?  (Read 7092 times)

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
Re: Do you think 24 will be enough...................?
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 09:44:54 »
MIne are still in the growhouse!
I shall probably plant them out next week.  We had all the taps knicked down the lottie - so no water!!!!!!  >:(  they should be replaced soon so I can water again!  It's delayed me planting lots of things - i'd sooner keep them at home and be able to water them.  No rain here for ages!!!!!!  BUT it is raining this morning - not much - but it'll help!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Toshofthe Wuffingas

• Acre
  • Half allotment 1 mile from the sea, North Suffolk.
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 13:05:12 »
"Whatever we catch end up taking flying lessons, way out onto the nearby road."
Erm, I read once they return to their home area ;D It may be an urban myth but.......

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 14:11:01 »
"Whatever we catch end up taking flying lessons, way out onto the nearby road."
Erm, I read once they return to their home area ;D It may be an urban myth but.......

Homing snails?  ;) :o
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Toshofthe Wuffingas

• Acre
  • Half allotment 1 mile from the sea, North Suffolk.
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 16:01:33 »
I hear the racing of homing snails will soon be on Sky Sports.

small

• Hectare

Eamon

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 19:09:10 »
Very interesting. I'm on a hill, above my neighbour's garden. I often have to knock 'returning' snails off our dividing wall, easily 9 ft high. It certainly makes me wonder if they are actually the ones I sent flying the previous night. :o

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 17:24:19 »
They proably are as they do return to the same spot. When I was about four I was always chucking them over the wall, and couldn't understand why there were always just as many as the previous day! You need to murder them.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 23:45:09 »
They proably are as they do return to the same spot. When I was about four I was always chucking them over the wall, and couldn't understand why there were always just as many as the previous day! You need to murder them.

Not much of a bowling arm then Robert  ;D. You need to launch them far and wide and they will find something more interesting before they bother to come back.

Ninny

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2012, 08:44:52 »

Not much of a bowling arm then Robert  ;D. You need to launch them far and wide and they will find something more interesting before they bother to come back.

He needs make a little hand sling like kids used to play with and that should send the bleeders flying far.. ;D

Now other night I picked half a bucketfull of snails for my chickens and as it was too much for them to eat in one go..I put lid on to save them for next couple of meals...only to discover day later that most of them managed to escape.. :-X The lid was bit too loose.. ::) And the hunt is back on... ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal