Author Topic: Poor Charlie  (Read 12540 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Poor Charlie
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 19:49:35 »
Poor Charlie, is not so poor today. Got him the old cats food from Morrisons and he likes it.  Very pleased with the vet, and now Charlie is having a lovely sleep on the settee.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 20:11:13 »
So pleased B.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 14:53:08 »
Bless him He does look an old man ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Hazelb

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 19:41:00 »
Owww  I hope he is feeling a bit better, and I hope you are too!

I have a bit of an ancient mog and I know the worries we sometimes have when she is sick a few days in a row, or goes off her cat food  ::)

If he's comfortable and loving the fuss, then he's fine.

I can't stress how important it is to his bottom clean and flies away from him!

I had a chicken that had a bit of a dirty bum and I had seen a few maggots around but didn't realise it was  fly-strike or  know how serious it was.  As soon as I discovered what was happening I got her to the vets..but it was too late for her.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 20:59:30 »
Charlie is fine, after going to the vets, twice, and have put the heating on for him, and he is having a lovely sleep in front of the radiator.  Funny story at the vets, my lovely neighbour from next door, has got an old cat too, and as she doesn't drive, my partner (who pretends he doesn't like cat, but brushes Charlie everynight, and didn't mind when Charlie pooed on his laptop as he has gone blind, worse at night), drives next door's cat to the vet, and waits for her and the cat and brings them both home, she will exist on giving him £10, cheaper than a cab.  The first time he went, vet said bring your husband in with you, as thought maybe the cat may have to be put to sleep, but she is OK.  Next time OH went with me and Charlie (twice).  Yesterday, next door had to take cat to vet again and OH went, the vet said 'this is not your cat', where is Charlie.  How many wife's have you got, he said I am only a mini cab service, but we live next door.  Hopefully they can look up the address on our records, as we do live next door, but he is a man and does get a bit embarrassed about these things.   ;D ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 07:49:45 »
 ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Hazelb

• Half Acre
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 09:04:00 »
How old is Charlie?

I only ask as I have a black cat called Charlie ( short for Charlotte ) and she's 23!

She's totally deaf, and a bit creaky...and we know she has lost a few marbles, but she's a happy cat and loves a knee to sit on.  ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:09 »
Charlie is fine, after going to the vets, twice, and have put the heating on for him, and he is having a lovely sleep in front of the radiator.  Funny story at the vets, my lovely neighbour from next door, has got an old cat too, and as she doesn't drive, my partner (who pretends he doesn't like cat, but brushes Charlie everynight, and didn't mind when Charlie pooed on his laptop as he has gone blind, worse at night), drives next door's cat to the vet, and waits for her and the cat and brings them both home, she will exist on giving him £10, cheaper than a cab.  The first time he went, vet said bring your husband in with you, as thought maybe the cat may have to be put to sleep, but she is OK.  Next time OH went with me and Charlie (twice).  Yesterday, next door had to take cat to vet again and OH went, the vet said 'this is not your cat', where is Charlie.  How many wife's have you got, he said I am only a mini cab service, but we live next door.  Hopefully they can look up the address on our records, as we do live next door, but he is a man and does get a bit embarrassed about these things.   ;D ;D ;D

;D
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 16:10:39 »
How old is Charlie?

I only ask as I have a black cat called Charlie ( short for Charlotte ) and she's 23!

She's totally deaf, and a bit creaky...and we know she has lost a few marbles, but she's a happy cat and loves a knee to sit on.  ;D

23! Wow that is really ancient!

Poor old Charlie, he is starting to get that sort of "ruffled look" that old cats and dogs get (and unfortunately most of us get that way too! and there won't be a kind owner to brush our fur probably!). Still, he looks happy enough. They don't grumble like we do, do they? They just get on with it. If he is still getting food, warmth and attention, I'd say he feels like the king of the world!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 21:21:40 »
Charlie is 21.  He really enjoyed the chicken from Morrisons (sell by date today, so got some chicken breast less than half price), do love a good bargain and so does Charlie. He has gone to bed on his blanket, he didn't want to watch the football as he can't see at night, and we have the heating on for him.  Bless.  ;D ;D ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 21:32:21 »
Good old Charlie ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 17:35:39 »
OH moaning well, as it is raining and he can't finish next doors garden, but he and Charlie can moan together and I can go and pick some peas. ;) ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 18:28:19 »
Update on Charlie, he has only pooed on the carpet twice, and both times my fault, as was in the kitchen, on the phone and cooking, like one does and had shut the door (thought he was asleep on the settee).  So luckily cleared it up, from my lovely new carpet before OH saw it.  He has put on weight, from the senior cat food, and even went outside briefly.  He goes to bed in the kitchen when it gets dark, without me telling him as he has gone a bit blind.  He is a long haired cat, and we are brushing him, but has some nasty lumps that we cannot get cut out with scissors without hurting him, so think we may take him to the vet, as she loved him, and didn't charge too much.  Think she would be pleased to see him walking better. Not sure how long we can keep him, luckily I am at home all day and on cat poo alert.  Sometimes he can't find the litter tray.  We cannot let him have the run of the house, so if I go out to the shops he has to be shut in the kitchen but he has a blanket down, so far not a problem.

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 23:50:47 »

''Oh'' Charlotte is even older than my Gracie, who is twenty one and a half, and like the other Charlie she has some knotted fur that I cannot get out, tried cutting it with scissors but she won't keep still, and I to am afraid of nicking her
She  is a semi long haired Birman. bit wobbly on her back legs she is a lovely old cat. we must be doing something right because of our cat's great age,
  June.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal