Author Topic: Good quality Greenhouse  (Read 3330 times)

Martin T

• Not So New ...
Good quality Greenhouse
« on: May 24, 2012, 17:02:12 »
Hello,

I am buying my mom and dad a Greenhouse, needs to be strong as it can be really windy in there garden.

I know Rhino have a good reputation, can anyone give me any other makes to look at? Needs to have safety glass ideally.

Thanks for any help.

Martin.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Good quality Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 17:06:55 »
I was told that Richardsons are very good. My aunt had one that survived 1987 unlike all her neighbours ones. Have been drooling at their catalogue ever since deciding to move back to the Highlands...

Martin T

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 17:25:29 »
Thanks Ollie, cant find a web site for them.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 17:44:43 »
That's because I meant Robinsons. The heat must be getting to me!

http://www.robinsonsgreenhouses.co.uk/

Martin T

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 17:46:37 »
 :) Thanks.

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 18:27:05 »
Hiya
My last greenhouse blew over in the gales two years ago. I replaced it with one of these , they are sturdy, lots of cross bars and good thick aluminium. I live in a very windy part of the north west and have had no problems at all.

http://www.ukgreenhousesales.co.uk/Greenhouses/Vitavia-Greenhouses/Vitavia-Neptune-Greenhouse/

X Sunloving

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 19:13:40 »
Comparing a 12*8 from Robinsons with one of the Neptunes (both toughened glass, plain aluminium...).
Robinsons is £2126, the Neptune is £919. There are a few other differences, but it's the price that jumps out the most!

No wonder R's don't have prices on their website. I think I shall investigate Neptunes if you're pleased with yours.

Plot22

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 20:57:36 »
After much research Spring 2011 I bought a Robinsons Royale 12' X 8'. It was by no means cheap but was the best money I ever spent.The differences between a Robinsons and cheaper greenhouses is like comparing chalk and cheese. I did the base myself using 2' X 2' heavy council type slabs and the company that I bought the greenhouse off gave me  free installation which was a bonus. I am not saying that cheaper greenhouses are not ok . It is every man to his own but I am highly satisfied with my purchase particularly with the package I bought with several extras all included.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 16:19:02 »
That's because I meant Robinsons. The heat must be getting to me!

http://www.robinsonsgreenhouses.co.uk/

I've got a second hand Robinsons 20x10. THe extrusions are all heavy duty, it has a very robust glazing clip system and I installed it in the way it had been done before ... basically levelled the base using a pair of pins in each of the base bars, then the other bolting points on the base bar get attached to pins that are concreted in.... it took all the weather last winter with only one popped panel, a 2x4 twinwall one....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal