Author Topic: Anybody out there into climbing trees.............  (Read 5642 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Anybody out there into climbing trees.............
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 22:30:46 »
You are brave soul J...and slightly nutter.. ;) :-* ;D
My advise is..do plenty of exercises and stretches before hand ..as much as your body will allow, but start gently. If you have one of those rubber excersize 'belts'..they would would be brilliant giving you chance for more control movements, its like gentle 'weight' training and same time combined with stretching ...you will need those muscles working for their best climbing ability.
Give yourself few weeks of 'training' if possible. When were you going to do the big climb?

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 00:58:28 »
Our neighbour Norman gave up climbing and trimming his own trees about 10 years ago.

He found it highly annoying and slightly embarrassing to have the fire brigade arrive to rescue him when all he wanted was a helping hand to get back the right way up when his makeshift rope set up got tangled.

He has allowed his trees to grow unchecked for the last few years but he is 92 now.  ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 04:13:54 »
Probably next week or the one after, as soon as it comes into bloom. Oh a fireman rescuer, it gets better!!

I haven't yet figured out how to climb with a walking stick though.Still it could be worse, if it was a bad week I would be in my mobility scooter.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal