Author Topic: Sun holiday  (Read 1196 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Sun holiday
« on: May 06, 2012, 15:57:06 »
Just got back from cheap caravan holiday with coupons from Sun newspaper.  Two lovely sunny days, heavy rain Monday night and ducks swimming under caravan and seagulls on top of caravan.  Got cold at night, but we did manage to light the gas fire, after many attempts.  Free bus travel which was good and lovely walking on the coastal path (not bad for two old ladies).  Just outside Bridport, West Bay in Dorset.  Meet some lovely, helpful people whilst out walking and getting lost.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
Re: Sun holiday
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 16:00:13 »
Glad you had a good time, very brave going to a caravan in this dismal weather. Ive often wondered how those Sun holidays would be but have never had the guts to go on one so Im encouraged by your experience xJane

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 16:15:12 »
We did well, booked the rail ticket early with a senior rail card so that was only £17.50 each return, and we walked through muddy fields to lovely Morrisons and stocked up with food.  Bus was only one every two hours but managed to get the bus and the cases back to the railway station with our free bus passes.  Going away again to Woolacombe, Devon in September for another short break, courtesy of Sun newspaper.  Caravan has TV, microwave, fridge/freezer, shower, toilet, hot water etc. etc. so very good value for money.  This caravan was not as good as the one we had on the Isle of Wight, that was fantastic.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:41 »
Glad you had a good time Borlotti.  I love Bridport and the surrounding area. 

I hope you didn't sleep with the gas fire on as it can be dangerous.  Our own touring caravan has electric and gas central heating so we put the electric fan heater on overnight when the weather is really cold. 

Enjoy your trip to Woolacombe in September.  It should be lovely then when all the tourists have gone home.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 16:50:24 »
Looks like a beautiful place Borlotti, modern caravans with gas heaters are a must in spring and autumn.....and some summers too.

My friend has just gone to Selsey for thier Sun holiday,  they're enjoying themselves  ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal