Author Topic: Daleks  (Read 14057 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Daleks
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 01:55:18 »
They're easy to miss. I once dug a rats' nest out of one of mine; I had no idea they were there until I saw the things squirming.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:24 »
I had chunks chewed out of the plastic at top and bottom!

jesssands

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 08:36:52 »
we had rats living in the bank. took a couple of hits with poison pouches to eradicate them. I am sure they are gone now as this summer the bank has grown back green.

They did go in the daleks tho.. there inside we found the empty poison pouches. They had taken them inside the dalek by burrowing underneath.

Last year I moved my daleks and placed them on a bed of 4 really large concrete slabs. The worms managed to get thro the small gaps between and I have used one lot of compost.. is working a treat now.

Can also recommend Townex pouches of rat poison, I got mine on ebay and they are better than having to try and keep loose stuff dry. Also contained so the other wildlife etc cant get at it. Hated having to do it but they were too d**n close to the back door!

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 16:28:08 »
we had rats living in the bank.

Was it Barclays? ;D

Toshofthe Wuffingas

• Acre
  • Half allotment 1 mile from the sea, North Suffolk.
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 14:10:07 »
^^^ ;D

I have a couple that have stood in a corner of the garden slowly filling up with kitchen waste for years. I also had a large garden heap for the wastes from gardening. I don't have a great use for compost in the garden as we don't grow much food in it apart from the greenhouse and herbs so the compost gradually increased. Now this year I have an allotment I have taken over 60 bags of made compost to the patch in a wheelbarrow. I think of the savings!! I still have masses left
Yesterday I rebuilt the current active heap and incorporated the undigested tops from the daleks (lovely name - first heard it here) Then I put all the bottom compost into one dalek. It is full to the top with crumbly sweet moist compost ready for shovelling out.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal